Babypips`s so easy it`s rediculous system!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Babypips`s so easy it`s rediculous system!

WE all know that there`s no Holy Grail in this area(forex) We might search for it all our lives and end up with nothing, that`s why i decided to not invent a bicycle when it has been allready invented,and end my search, stop on this system!
    Hope you all went through BP high school(11 grade)
    Maybe someone can help me optimize it for my needs, for example, i`m more of a short term trader(and i mean short term) i`d rather have 15 pips per day(and open a trend 1-3 times a day), than go long or mid term and keep my position opened for days/weeks, regarding that...what chart time frame would you suggest that i use, what slows and fasts on the MACD, and stuff like that.
    Or maybe you might even sugges to use some other strategy to achive my goal-15PPD(pips per day)as it is not that much, and is reasonable daily limit!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by blackcotton; 12-11-2006 at 01:29 PM.

That's my goal as well. I use 15M charts and trade the New York open from 8:00 to 11:00 EST. 15M charts are fast enough that you will get some nice 20 to 30 pips swings that can be very predictable and it's pretty easy to grab 15 pips from them.

Quote Originally Posted by bookfixer View Post
    That's my goal as well. I use 15M charts and trade the New York open from 8:00 to 11:00 EST. 15M charts are fast enough that you will get some nice 20 to 30 pips swings that can be very predictable and it's pretty easy to grab 15 pips from them.
    Nice to fint likeminded people over here!
    Thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by bookfixer View Post
    what indexes(rsi,macd, stochastic) should you input when tradeing on a 15M chart?Ofcource, if you use indicators!

hi cotton.
    I used to trade for the same goal (20 PPD)
    the system I used included bollinger, stocs and RSI. I tweaked RSI and Stocs to make them more sensitive (changed levels to 35%-65% and 70%-30% accordingly). rest of the variables left untouched [(5,3,3),(14)].
    if you want the complete system I was using I'd be glad to share. it worked okay.

Quote Originally Posted by parsush View Post
    hi cotton.
    I used to trade for the same goal (20 PPD)
    the system I used included bollinger, stocs and RSI. I tweaked RSI and Stocs to make them more sensitive (changed levels to 35%-65% and 70%-30% accordingly). rest of the variables left untouched [(5,3,3),(14)].
    if you want the complete system I was using I'd be glad to share. it worked okay.
    Sure, pm me, or share it with everyone, your choise, i`m demo tradeing, so i can try pretty much everything!

New York open from 8:00 to 11:00 EST
    What eould that be in GMT(0), i know i can google it, im hust a bit lazy at the moment!

GMT = EST + 5

So you would be trading from 1 PM - 4 PM GMT

Quote Originally Posted by blackcotton View Post
    what indexes(rsi,macd, stochastic) should you input when tradeing on a 15M chart?Ofcource, if you use indicators!
    I use a 5 ema/8 sma cross when confirmed with a stoc(8,5,3) cross after it moves above(below) 25(75). I only take signals in the direction of the major trend as defined by the 100 ema.

I also trade the standard breakouts, swing highs/lows, trading ranges and patterns such as triangles.

Jim

1 p.m. huh...great timeing, just what i wanted! Thanks!

Jim, thanks, trying it out right now!
    I also trade the standard breakouts, swing highs/lows, trading ranges and patterns such as triangles
    I`m a bit down on that, should go through BP scool one more time the lesson about chart patterns!

Forum Sponsors