Should I stick to one pair? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I am also thinking of trading EUR/CHF since right now I am in Europe. But I think the way the market is going, you'll make more money out of EUR/USD. I have the feeling that by March things will come down so I'm prone to trade earlier than that. But I am very new in this... and still a little chicken!

That's what makes Demo / Game trading so valuable You can learn while not losing your shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by berlinlife06 View Post
    I am also thinking of trading EUR/CHF since right now I am in Europe. But I think the way the market is going, you'll make more money out of EUR/USD. I have the feeling that by March things will come down so I'm prone to trade earlier than that. But I am very new in this... and still a little chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by PipDiddy View Post
    Yes, you should definitely stick to one pair because it allows you to focus your concentration. I recommend starting with the USD/JPY. It's one of the most liquid pair and also one of with the tightest spread (not that it matters since you are DEMO trading right?).

I'd recommend EUR/USD as well but the Euro-zone consists of multiple countries so trying to learning fundamentals can get a bit tough. With USD/JPY, you can follow just two countries: US and Japan, and that's tough enough.
    Thank you for this,I couldn't agree more,I'm still in the process of learning forex.I find this very useful and would definitely be of help to me
    Last edited by Ese11; 08-31-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Hi Ese11.
    Although a 9 year old thread its still valid.
    Worthwhile studying at the free school on here, there's tons of useful stuff to learn.
    Good luck

jingoy is offline Superior Master Contributor and Member
    a sudden 9 year resurrection ese11 do chek the school of babypips, take some time to tackle it and learn from it and best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by jingoy View Post
    a sudden 9 year resurrection ese11 do chek the school of babypips, take some time to tackle it and learn from it and best of luck
    There are a lot of good Topics in the Babypips forum which we can use and this will also enable us to learn better and do good trades

Trading with only one pair is easier than using multiple pairs because you can focus on one trade only and you only need to analyze condition of country in 2 countries only (sometime you need to know another country too) as consideration of making decision for market's movement because one pair will contain 2 currencies only. But in other hand, it is easier to reach target when you're using multiple pairs too. So, it's back to your own consideration in trading. If you're ready to trade with more than one pair then it's okay but if you are still newbie in forex so it's better to use only one pair in trading.

Quote Originally Posted by bearish View Post
    Trading with only one pair is easier than using multiple pairs because you can focus on one trade only and you only need to analyze condition of country in 2 countries only (sometime you need to know another country too) as consideration of making decision for market's movement because one pair will contain 2 currencies only. But in other hand, it is easier to reach target when you're using multiple pairs too. So, it's back to your own consideration in trading. If you're ready to trade with more than one pair then it's okay but if you are still newbie in forex so it's better to use only one pair in trading.
    I will always prefer to do my trading in the Pairs that i am more comfortable with

What that means is that in some of the Forex pairs i am able to get very clear Trading Signals.

And this is also a reason why i am getting profits from my trades in those pairs.

Adrian Frost http://www.arbitrageronacid.com http://www.myfxbook.com/members/ARBONLSD
    This all depends on your strategy and your implementation. There are strategies that require trading many markets but do not require a lot of study about all the central banks or phony government economic data from various political regions. One such strategy is diversified systematic trend following. One can profitably trade dozens of pairs using that method knowing nothing more than weekly price data and adjusting orders just once a week in less than an hour.

-Adrian

It will require a great patience if you trade in only one pair, because you have to wait long for a signal to appear. But if you have the patience then its best to trade single pair.

Forum Sponsors