Should I stick to one pair?

Another view could be that if you only want to trade using technicals and not fundamentals than you can look at many pairs assuming you check to make sure there are no major news announements coming out. I personally love the way all our experts here at babypips trade by mixing the fundamental analasys with technicals.

are we all talking about day trading? If not I’d suggest some of the correlated pairs such as EUR/CHF as the pair is bound to give good swing oportunities

/A

for FX-MEN member, you usually do a technical “homework” for many pairs. Do you trade them all based on your analysis, if not all, some of it?

I am also thinking of trading EUR/CHF since right now I am in Europe. But I think the way the market is going, you’ll make more money out of EUR/USD. I have the feeling that by March things will come down so I’m prone to trade earlier than that. But I am very new in this… and still a little chicken!

That’s what makes Demo / Game trading so valuable :slight_smile: You can learn while not losing your shirt.

Thank you for this,I couldn’t agree more,I’m still in the process of learning forex.I find this very useful and would definitely be of help to me :slight_smile:

Hi Ese11.
Although a 9 year old thread its still valid.
Worthwhile studying at the free school on here, there’s tons of useful stuff to learn.
Good luck

a sudden 9 year resurrection :slight_smile: ese11 do chek the school of babypips, take some time to tackle it and learn from it and best of luck

There are a lot of good Topics in the Babypips forum which we can use and this will also enable us to learn better and do good trades :slight_smile:

Trading with only one pair is easier than using multiple pairs because you can focus on one trade only and you only need to analyze condition of country in 2 countries only (sometime you need to know another country too) as consideration of making decision for market’s movement because one pair will contain 2 currencies only. But in other hand, it is easier to reach target when you’re using multiple pairs too. So, it’s back to your own consideration in trading. If you’re ready to trade with more than one pair then it’s okay but if you are still newbie in forex so it’s better to use only one pair in trading.

I will always prefer to do my trading in the Pairs that i am more comfortable with :slight_smile:

What that means is that in some of the Forex pairs i am able to get very clear Trading Signals.

And this is also a reason why i am getting profits from my trades in those pairs.

This all depends on your strategy and your implementation. There are strategies that require trading many markets but do not require a lot of study about all the central banks or phony government economic data from various political regions. One such strategy is diversified systematic trend following. One can profitably trade dozens of pairs using that method knowing nothing more than weekly price data and adjusting orders just once a week in less than an hour.

-Adrian

It will require a great patience if you trade in only one pair, because you have to wait long for a signal to appear. But if you have the patience then its best to trade single pair.

If you think that you can earn enough through one pair you can stick to it. My broker allows me to trade with multiple pairs so I take the benefit of it and earn a lot.

I don’t see any good reason why would you stick to one currency pair. One currency pair is not going to offer you lot of trading opportunities. I will recommend you to go with the majors.

yes we should avoid to be sticky on one pair . there are many trading pairs make a routine to see them daily and practice on them .You can try 3 to 4 pairs, It will be helpful to you if any pair had bad move you can trade in other pair . Some times for many days any pairs is not suitable for trading if you stick only on one then you will miss trading.

That’s right, bro. With a focus, it can reach a maximum skill in the pair. I think traders should focus from the outset, for example in the GBPUSD. So it will be able to get a steady profit here.

Do not stick to one pair, how can anyone give this as advise? The whole point is to trade strong vs weak. What happens when both EUR and USD are strong or weak. You are not trading an optimal pair at that point. This will result in a range. Why focus on a ranging chart just waiting for movement when there will be other pairs trending like a boss! Trade strong vs weak…

Unless ofcourse you are a range trader. The answer is never simple lol

Of course, in this case very relative. You can focus on one pair or not. However, I think it is better to focus on one pair or two pair. So you will be more time to profit.

From looking at my currency strength charts I can see that I should only be looking to trade NZDJPY,AUDJPY,NZDUSD and AUDUSD

The strong vs weak pairs. Why would I trade anything else giving myself a disadvantage? I believe understanding this point is the difference between a profitable trader and a losing trader.

If you were to bet on a boxing match would you put your money on a 50% 50% match or on the guy who has 50/50 knockouts? It’s the same thing.

If a currency pair has been trending for 3 days and the currency trending is very strong, then why would you not focuse on this pair? People are always trying to pick reversals against the trend which the smart money use SSI as a contrarian indicator to bet against the retail masses.

Sticking to 1 or 2 pairs is preparing to fail. EURUSD is assumed to be the pair to trade why? because it’s the most observed and traded pair. How does this help a retail trader really? Think about it, most traders are focusing on EURUSD and most are losing.

Let the trade come to you. Don’t chase bad setups only because you are looking at 1 pair where no good setups are located…