FOREX books what is worth to read?

" I believe that not always good informations and advices are available for free" so I decided to buy some good books and read but am not sure for what book or books to go with!

Those who been reading forex books … what book is worth to read in profitable forex strategies and money management!

Experience advice will be appreciated… :slight_smile:

I would also love to hear some suggestions.

I don’t believe in buying books is better then the free advise right in here. Since I have videos and books (the one you pay for) I know they don’t have more then you can find right in here.

Save the money, open a Oanda account and play very micro units from the start. Of course after you read in here more and went trough the babypips school.

My 2 cents (or more) :smiley:

Forgot to mention, the time will come you think you have to buy one of this 400 500 800 and more dollar softwares. Just forget it waste of time and money, only safe money for the one that sells it. Think: If his software works perfect and makes money would he sell it?

It really is all available for free. Buy books if you want too, but they won’t teach you anything you can’t learn here for free.

The only advantage to books is you don’t have to wade through the crap to get to the good material. :slight_smile:

I agree on the idea of softwares “if the software do work why should they sell the software why didn’t they just trade forex using it I believe much more higher profit can be made in trading Forex than just selling a book”

Now regarding books I know basic stuffs can be found for free and forums such as this great forum is the place to look in for these things but my idea was > will you find those big boys in forex posting on forums and helping newbie guys … well it can be but some may think for bigger help and popularity in writing books … This is why I thought may be you can get different things out of a book. :wink:

It’s all here and you have the forums.
If you had to buy 1, I would say get Steve Nison’s book “Japanese Candlestick charting”. However, there are a lot of patterns in there not 100% related to forex as it’s stocks as well but lots and lots of explanations to drill it home. ALso, when you receive the book, rip out all the end pages on indicators :slight_smile: Oh, no actually maybe leave them there because then you can sell it back to someone else 2nd hand on eBay.

The big boys aren’t big because they have different methods or secret teachings. They’re the big boys because they have more money, not more knowledge. :slight_smile:

Aggh!

It’s not free, it’s certainly not all available here, there are plenty of secrets, lots of different ways of trading you’re not aware of, and many books that can point you in some of these directions.

To the original poster, check out some of the previous threads here and on other forums… get reading

It’s free

use this link and type in any name and search, you shall receive. :smiley:

Rapidshare Files Search and Megaupload Links Download.

check out pipcrawlers “sticky” on trading books. there is some very top notch books there.

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/17224-pipcrawlers-favorite-trading-books.html

These are books published at ac-markets site, they are very good.
I only read a couple of them, but I would recommend seen the list.

Forex book

I also recommend Pipcrawler’s Favorite Trading Books, that is a great list.

Hey Oskar,

Thanks for your reply. I am already demo trading on a GFT Forex account so its definitely been a big help to be able to apply what I have learnt so far here, and in the babypips school. My knowledge is still quite low so its best that I keep reading this site :slight_smile:

[I]Fooled by Randomness[/I] by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

After reading this book, you will realize who the crackpots are and how not to be fooled by them. Side benefit, BabyPips becomes a really funny place. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll never look at charts and indicators in the same way. They become comical.

I really recommend, “The New Market Wizards”. Not only about forex, but about other types of trading as well. It doesn’t go into the technicalities of trading at all, but a lot of personal stories and most importantly, the mindset of those famous traders we would all love to be!!

Having said that, everyone here will tell you what is exactly in that book, if you can’t control your emotions in trading you will lose your account. The book only tells us what we already now, but it is an interesting read.

After reading this book, you will realize who the crackpots are and how not to be fooled by them. Side benefit, BabyPips becomes a really funny place.

why do you always manage to insult people? why don’t you just grow up? if everybody here are crackpots or whatever you are implying than why don’t you just go somewhere else?

I think so books are good, and you can learn many things about forex, it’s all about theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge is must for everything, and when we have many sources means web sources and that’s all are free, so why are you wondering, there are many good websites which can provide you better knowledge than books and you can practice more here also.you can join free demo trading.

hmm have got a couple of good replies … thank you all for your help.

Actually ain’t completely newabie as am already in a live account with Oanda but after my profit of 200$ on the first 3 days my balance kept on decreasing till today and am not planning to give up here and I might refill my account with few hundred dollars soon … am looking for a book which will really give you ideas when to buy and when to sell … I know there nothing will tell me buy now or sell now but I need to get some base “in case of so n so … sell or in case of so n so … buy” based on technical analysis as am zero on it

any specific advice will be appreciated . . .

Did you actually [U]read[/U] what I posted? I didn’t say everyone here was a crackpot.

The real question is what is the real reason you think I am insulting people all the time? But let’s take a closer look at what you are saying about this.

If my “implication” is false, then you have nothing to worry about, do you? If a person reads the book, they won’t see any crackpots.

If my “implication” is true, then I am doing the “newbies” a service by letting them know about the book. If a person reads the book they’ll be able to spot a crackpot and have a good laugh.

In either case, there is no harm done to the “newbies”.

johnnykanoo, it is obvious that you haven’t read the book because you are acting exactly like the people the author talks about. Perhaps you are afraid the “newbies” may have a different opinion about you after they read the book. Is that it? :smiley:

Side note: johnnykanoo lists the state of Connecticut as home. I find it highly amusing that someone from one of the original 13 colonies doesn’t [B]act[/B] in accordance with the FIRST AMENDMENT.

[I]“I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.”[/I] - Voltaire

[I]“Those who don’t remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”[/I] - George Santayana

Perhaps history wasn’t one of your favorite subjects.

Take the time to read these threads HERE and HERE on BabyPips.

Todd,

thanx for the advice I have got that book now … lets not turn this thread into a fight because of misunderstanding

so calm down :wink: