Why You Do What You Do - Inspiring

Thanks to Dr. Pipslow inspiring article, I do want to transition to having a day job to become a forex trader. I’m in it for the long haul and can’t wait till one day to become a forex trader and dictate my future…

Same here. Not to mention making your own hours, golfing whenever I feel like it, not worrying about how to pay the next bill that comes in, golfing, etc…:slight_smile:

Hi everybody,

greetings from Germany. I just signed up to this forum here.

I’m demotrading now since october. I have no hurry to open a real account. I use the platform of ABN AMRO, who are a license partner of OANDA. So the platform is more or less the same.

My main motivation for the first time now is: First to better understand how the markets work. How does a trend look like? How does it feel to be stopped out? What is a whipsawing market? What are the differences between the main currencies? How do the different indicators respond to different market conditions? Questions like these. I think you really have to experience this hot live, looking at historic data just doesn’t work. (because in historic data, you also see the future, and fall very easily into selective perception)

And my long term interest in the field is now to check whether it is really possible to earn some extra money via forex. I still don’t believe it will be possible, but to get independent of an employer some day is of course a very attractive idea.

Happy trades everybody! And let me praise the guys who set up babypips, it’s a phantastic site.

investor;1111

My advice - go with the training accounts (and you can always move around, getting new possibilities for paper trading) until you are comfortable with your MONEY MANAGEMENT system - and then go live.

In the mean time, read Sun Tzu, Jesse Livermore (and dependant on your perspective something on contrarian investment)

Wax on - wax off, as Mr Miyagi said…

/A

Greetings to you

Being inspired is a good thing. Be inspired by the capabilities of the market. Dont get emotional. Set realistic targets and achieve your targets again and again and in few years of time you will become a pro and also rich