According to u which one is the best trend indicator in forex

hello every one, plz give ur opinion.

Your eyes. :slight_smile:

Higher highs + higher lows = uptrend.
Lower highs + lower lows = downtrend.

When the patterns fails the trend is coming to an end.

According to u which one is the best trend indicator? plz give ur opinion

Phil gave you the answer look below where is the trend.

Use a CHART & YOUR EYES.

Also if you are not going to listen to the answer Forex is going to be a very long haul for you.

I fully agree!

I agree with the others, when you look at a chart it’s pretty obvious to see whether the price is headed up or down. Think of it like an escalator in a mall, can you look at one and know if it’s going up or down? Of course! It’s obvious.

The real trick I think is knowing when to enter or exit. if you enter on a trend how do you know if your order is near the beginning, middle or end? I’m new also and still trying to figure this out. Some simple moving averages and candle stick patterns may help. right now I’m using a short period and a longer period moving average just to get a feel for the trend. but there’s no magic pill that’s going let you see the future.

Besides your eyes, there is a very special indicator that does the job very nicely.

It is not to be found on this forum and is unlikely to be found in any forex charting package.

I am not going to tell you what it is here yet because of future plans that I have. :smiley:
However, I will give you a hint…:smiley:

It was invented by Australian master trader Darryl Guppy. :slight_smile:
You will find it if you go to any of his books!! :slight_smile:

Tymen, are you referring to something like this?

I Agree with Mr. [B]phil838[/B] “your eyes”, but you must see not only the patterns, I think than you must see the behavior of the currency al the light of Fibonacci retracements plus candle stick.

Regards

No. Higher lows alone signal uptrend. Lower highs signal downtrend. Think ascending or descending wedges.

Sounds like snake oil to me.

snake oil I don’t think so, just a way of viewing price movement, I think the multiple moving averages can be a useful analysis tool

In a situation where higher lows and lower highs are printing there’s more uncertainty as to the trend, than when both high and lows confirm the trend.

In other words you’re wrong.

What you say does not matter. Believe what you wish.

My account balance is higher at the end of the session, is yours?

Multiple [B][I]lagging [/I][/B]moving averages? LOL!!!

Belief has nothing to do with it - it’s just a fact.

ridicule if you want but everything lags, there’s nothing that predicts the future.

Real time candles are the closest thing you’ll get to finding something that doesn’t lag. Anyway the MMAs work for me so far, but of course that’s not the only thing I look at. It’s just one of the things I’ve been exploring as a still learning newbie.

edit… speaking of ridicule… I suppose you believe in kabala? maybe some kabalistic numerology can predict the prices for you?

price action… if you think it’s an indicator :rolleyes:

You should read the question a little closer. It asks which [I]indicator[/I] is best in your opinion. Not which [I]method[I]. Ofcourse some of you will say watching price action is better than any indicator (which is not in dispute) but it still does not answer the question. Read the question. And I know some smarty-pants is [I]still[I] going to argue the point of which is better, and still not answer the question. The question is “According to u which one is the best trend indicator in forex”?. (if you don’t know what an indicator is, fyi, your eyeballs do not count as an indicator).

An indicator won’t make you money, it’s how you interpret what the indicator is showing you (some mathematical modification to historical prices illustrated through colourful lines). I don’t think that a trading strategy should be derived from indicators, it should grow from a more general concept which you can use indicators to illustrate and help you pick out opportunities at a glance. Focus on defining your own personal ‘market philosophy’ before throwing lines all over your screen.