Like to hear some feed back on any one who has used this software & E-book/ courses

Hi There every one :wink:

I’m a complete newbie to forex, and going through the ‘School of Pipsology’ at the moment, and this is my first post and as I’m used to a lot of snake oil being punted out on the net and in forums as I’ve been a member of various gambling forums (Blackjack/Poker) I see my fair share of BS from snake oil/ con/scam salesmen of the lowest order:rolleyes: ,Could any one who is using the following software & E-book/ courses give us some feedback on whether they are any good or not :confused:
The Ivybot & the Forex Humanoid robots?
(are Forex Robots in general are they any good? )
The G7 system from the The Traders Club?
Any feed back will much appreciated, thanking you for your time & attention

Cheers:)

Colin

first off colin welcome to babypips.com rest assured nobody will sell you anything here. this is a great place to learn forex.

as for the ivybot and all other eas i would suggest don’t throw your money away. there will always be the allure of get rich quick and effortless but this is a lie. I hope you don’t need to find out the hard way.

as for paid course i would say start out with the free stuff around here also i would suggest learn price action and avoid using alot of indicators to trade.

forex is about self discovery and you will learn alot about yourself enjoy the ride.

I’m not an expert in any forex related stuff, but after a year in the ‘business’ ,
mostly learning MQL4 programming, I have learned some things and come to some conclusions…

-FORGET those EAs they’re pushing on you! In general they don’t work, although some may be somewhat effective for a while.
Totally ignore those backtest results, they’re worthless, they tell you nothing but what the seller want you to know. Hell in 15mins I can throw together an EA with amazing backtest results… so amazing that in 6months the Tester can’t handle all the digits in the Profit column! ONLY long lasting (more than a year) forward test on live account matters…REMEMBER THIS!
I’m not saying EAs can’t work but if there is one that is really good then its
not out in the public! Just take a step back and think about it… Whats the point in taking all the hassle with marketing and support to sell a GOOD EA ?
Its not not to make money thats for sure, they would be much better off putting the EA to work on their own accounts. The only reason I can think of would be ‘fame and glory’, which of course doesn’t automatically make it a bad EA… non the less I’d be HIGHLY suspicious. Now if on the other hand they’re trying to scam you with a BAD EA the exact opposite is true… just think about it. I have bought 5-6 of the ‘best looking’ EAs out there, and
let me tell you; it was a total waste of $1000, and to top it off one of them
emptied my $5K live account! So I’ve had it with those ‘commercial’ EAs.
I’m now looking closely at old style manual trading, in particular price action/pattern trading, with few or no indicators on the chart. Yes one of my conclusions mentioned earlier is that indicators have VERY VERY limited value… there are maybe 2-3 indicators that might be helpful in some cases, the rest of them will only get you into trouble. RSI and EMA are maybe the two that I would keep, the rest goes in the trash. But most important of all is
S/R and pivots.

-Trading courses… Well I’m skeptical to those too, especially those with a high price tag… Not that I expect that they should be handed out for free, but like the EAs above the motive for selling these (online) comes into question. But if you have a few hundred bucks to burn then spend’em on a good trading course and NOT on EAs. I was thinking of buying a price action course at about $1K, but having been burnt before on EAs…
There is a lot of free good info available on this and other forums use it!

Hi Guys;)

Thank you very much for your replies! I think you are quite right to say if I had a few hundred bucks to burn I would spend it on a good trading course and NOT on EAs, I would be more inclined to get the The G7 system than a bot, its interesting to hear that you say indicators have limited value & avoid using a lot of indicators to trade and learn price action, I wont bother down loading the Trading Solutions Software then! even though it is free, it looks like it will only confuse me!
Thank you very much for your time & feed back.

Cheers

Colin