How is this start to trading?

Started on June 1 with an account balance of $2000. As of today, the account is between $3600 and $3700. Had to take close to 3 weeks off because of internet problems/moving/vacation. Just curious what kind of start this would be considered. My uncle does this for a living and he seems pretty impressed by my start, but some input from someone who isn’t family would be nice to have :stuck_out_tongue:

$80 is the amount of capital I am risking per trade right now. Most my trading has been risking 2-3%. Not too sure how many trades I have entered. At first I was making quite a few on 15-30 minute time frames, now I’m trading less frequently on a combination of daily and 4 hour charts.

Collectively, maybe an average of 2 trades per day? Backed out of the shorter term trading because of getting whipsawed to death a little more often than I would have liked. Now on longer time frames, hitting a good run won’t net me quite as much, but it is a noticeably more consistent success rate and I am handling it better psychologically. Much better;)

thats a good start… provided you stick to your plan/strategy - and dont get a head of yourself (ie. begin thinking it is easier than it is) - then your well and truly on the right track