Introduction and overall evergreen question

Hi all,

to save everyone’s time, my questions are after the dotted line. Next paragraph is just an introduction

I finished yesterday the School of Pipsology. My first real trade will be the last week of March 2010. My next steps will be:

-set a weekly trading agenda
-find the right software to use
-find the right news feeds to use
-demo-trading

In the process, I’d like to contribute to this website, although for the next two months I guess it’ll be more reading the forum than posting.

My short term goal: try to cover my monthly fixed expenses (10% of my future investing capital).
My long term goal: 50% profit every 6 months (pretty big, uh?)

For now, I steadly try to improve my skillset.

I’m looking for a good demo account or just an efficient forex chart software.
In the confused notes I took when randomly webbrowsing, I made this list:

[ul]
[li]Deltastock
[/li][li]ACN deni
[/li][li]TOS (Think or Swim)
[/li][li]Prorealtim
[/li][li]Ninja Trader (+Zen Fire)
[/li][li]IBFX
[/li][li]Chart trader
[/li][li]SuperDom
[/li][li]Metastock
[/li][/ul]

I’ll start analyzing them one by one and share my final choice. What I look for is

-backtesting
-easy UI
-time unlimited use
-free
-backtesting
-backtesting

If anyone has experience on this product or want to give feedback, recommendations, corrections, critics, whatsoever, he/she is more than welcome.

As a newbie, I should feel the duty of making any possible question, should’nt I? :wink:

Cheers
TL

A good demo account is an MT4 from IBFX, I use them for both demo and live. A good reputable broker IME.

As far as news just about everybody uses forexfactory.com They list the major news releases and times and have a heat map and give you possible movement for the currencies depending upon how the news is.

You can also use bloomberg.com