Market makers

Can people make a living trading forex though a dealing desk market maker? or is it ture that they will start playing games once you are successfull.

And how successfull would you have to be for them to start taking their money back?

Yes, dealing desks are just fine for trading for a living. They are neccessary because the banks don’t want to bother with our pathetic attempts to buy and sell 10,000 unit lots. Without dealing desk market makers you wouldn’t even have the opportunity to make money in the FX because you’d need to be trading 1,000,000 unit lots.

Just make sure your broker is registered with the local regulatory body for futures trading. ie. NFA in the USA, FSA in the UK, etc.

All real brokers want you to have a larger account. This means you will trader larger lots and the spread you pay to take your trades will yield them larger profits. If anyone’s taking your money, it’s the highly experienced and well-capitialized bank traders working at their state-of-the-art trading stations.

Regulated market makers do not play games with your account. That’s a myth and there is zero evidence to back it up.

If brokers manipulated prices a simple screenshot would prove it. I’ve yet to see even one of those screenshots. :slight_smile:

Is it true or common that all no dealing desk brokers do not have GSL and do not guarantee against slippage and but they have variable spreads?
One broker I’m with have guaranteed stop losses, fix spreads and they guarantee against slippage.
Yet a broker I am interested in has a no dealing desk, has variable (from 0.5) spreads and does not prevent slippage.
Their platform is MT4, which I think I could get used to easily, but I’m not sure about those other points and if a beginner should or not use these type of brokers.
Any ideas, comments etc on this?
Thanks

Banks will take lot sizes as low as 10k directly. They like retail trading volume. It’s very small trades they dislike such as micro/nano lots because of the number of tickets it creates. At those levels the amount made through the spread often doesn’t justify the costs to process all those micro/nano tickets.