1H/4H Vegas Tunnel Method - Thoughts? Experiences?

I found a PDF some weeks back before I went Live trading and only just now read it through, trying to understand how it works. Has anyone else used this method with any success? I know it’s been around for awhile.

(For those unfamiliar, I’ve attached the pdf.)

1-Hour-Tunnel-Method-Forex-Strategy.pdf (79.4 KB)

just read the PDF, Looks interesting. Not sure how to use the 12ma as a filter though. can you explain it clearly? maybe a screenshot with example entry and exit points?

Looking back I can see that price bumps the tunnel sometimes just dipping through it to the otherside before returning. so how do you filter out the false breaks through the tunnel?

Just read the pdf and set the chart, 1H 169ema, 144ema and 12ema on USD/CHF.
Oh boy Oh boy, either I set the ema wrong or you trade once in a blue moon, scrolling back in the chart.:slight_smile:
Anybody: post a chart when you “think” you got it. Thanks :slight_smile:

just looking back a little ways. looks like something around 150hours long trade to get around 200 to 300 pips ?

still don’t have a clear idea of best entrances and exits though.

Entries and exits would basically be when the 12ma crosses the tunnel ?

the red lines are the tunnel, my candles are grey and the 12ma is green close to the candles. yellow lines are the trades an entry and exit when the green 12 crosses the red tunnel. The circled area, the tunnel is horizontal and price jumps up and down across it so what would you do there? Looks like you get big general moves but miss out on a lot too. Am I interpreting it correctly?

I hope my picture is legible.

Edit, I’m all wrong about the exits, I neglected the fibonacci thing so this pic just shows the big moves not the actual trades.

Edit again: if you google 1h vegas method you’ll find info on it including some EAs I think.

Yeah, all I’d read so far is that people were ditching the 1H method in favor of the 4H due to those false breaks. But I did not even do any backtesting; just wanted to see if anyone here had used it, since most of what was written about the strat was from 3 years ago.

its not gong to work its outdated and decadent, actually it never did work.

you’re not going to make any money with ema crosses and tunnel systems over the long term, simply because they lag. Whatever profit u make in trends you’ll give up in ranges for the simple fact markets range more than they trend.

I know u wont believe me anyway but thats ok, someone told me the same thing years ago and i didnt believe them either, and i expect you’ll do the same, greed is such a strong urge in us humans, it can’t be helped.

There is no way you can win in this business without an edge, ema’s and tunnels will not give you any edge.

People think trading is all about discipline and sticking to ur rules, that is true but only if u have rules that work the discipline and psychology come after that. Without an edge ur dead before u start.

one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Don’t know about this tunnel thing but I know someone who’s made millions trading MA crosses and simple price action

I’ve heard it all b4

Maybe his edge is he works in a major bank or maybe it’s the thirty years experience.
I’m not trying to convince anyone, I know it’s true. That’s all I’m sayin

HESS

Did you [B]ever[/B] in your life have taken a life trade with [B]real[/B] money…?

Or did you just read books…?

Yeah, an I’m pretty certain from my original post forward that I wasn’t trying to convince anyone this worked; just wanted to know if anyone had experience with it.

is this method works still??

I have no personal experiance but I have observed the following. That a guy named Beau Diamond was involved to a certain extent with Vegas. According to certain threads VEGAS scammed a huge amount of money from folks, also according to more threads a whole host of people lost a lot of money trying to trade this “System”.

The Ever “And Thats All I Have To Say About That” VIPER

PS look up Beau Diamond on the Internet

The Guy Real thing here https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=205799#post205799 who is friends with another pit trader in CME PeterCrowns, praisses the 1 hour Vehas system.

Slap it on a simulator and see for yourself how good it is

Great. Found it’s name too as you stated.

However, anybody that has used it?

entry is when the 12ema changes the slope