I don't want to sound dumb...but

So I’ve been looking at a lot of systems. And I see through backtesting many do work! However it’s not like you can just open a chart and hit a trade the next minute. There is an amount of time for waiting and watching…

BUT what do you do in the meantime? You see a trade but you’re waiting for a level to hit, or a condition to be met, and we’re not talking 1M charts here, something around 15M or even 1H TF’s.

Here’s a question I pose, what do you do in the meantime? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m a student at school but on my days off I sit and stare at charts all day, what do you do inbetween trades?

Set up a price alert, or conditional alert. You can set mt4 to sound off. I think you can also have alterts e-mailed and send to your cell phone.

or you can read and write posts on babypips in the waiting time :slight_smile:

learn when the optimal times are to trade ie, when you should be paying closer attention to trading,forex might be 24hours but there are not 24hours of trade opportunities. the only time i need is 2hours at commence japanese session and 2 hours at commence euro/london session - i dont bother with the us session as it is too late…rest of time i just peruse the charts