Pivot point in mt4!

Hi Everyone,
I am just wondering if anyone knows where the pivot point is located or how to locate pivot point in the Metatrader4.I just could not find it.
Thanks,
John

I don’t beleive there is an indicator built into MT4 for pivot points, however I have attached an indicator that I use for pivot points. It’ll show the pivots for the day with levels and such. Try it out, hope its what you’re looking for.

vS_PivotsD_v4.zip (6.35 KB)

Thanks for this. I tried to open the zip but it showed the following message "The zipped folder is invalid or corrupted."
I will appreciate if you can provide the information in any other form or way. I dont know maybe something is wrong from my laptop?
Regards,
John.

Try this. Here it is as a txt file. put it in your indicators folder, rename it changing the .txt extension to .mq4 then you’ll have to compile it.

Thanks. I opened it and it seems more of a complex work or am i missing something?.
By the way,how how do i compile it?.
John.

you should see the .txt extension on it. you will have to change that to .mq4

you have to put it in your indicators folder which is in the experts folder which you can find in the folder for your broker on your C: drive.

in your metatrader it will show up in the list of indicators. you right click on it then click modify, that will bring it up in another window and there you will click on the compile button. there should be no errors showing when you compile it. after that you can use it in your metatrader, just click on it and add it to a chart.

hopefully that’s clear. Someone should make a pdf with pictures and a better description of how to do it. It’s not hard really, just sounds complicated.

the zip file’s not corrupted…

Hi TalonD,
Thanks so much. it works like magic.
John

Thanks for your help.TalonD provides an alternative.
Peace.
John.

Youre welcome, glad to help

I down loaded the on from IBFX.com. It seems to work well enough.

So far I like this indicator but I can’t seem to get the GMT time settings right. There is a setting for local time and for destination time. My broker is in Geneva, I am in California and I want the calculations based on the NY close for daily pivots. What should the GMT settings be?