Weird looking candle sticks pattern

This chart shows the price of EUR/USD breaking down the 1.50 support a few days after breaking the up the same price barrier. What cause the below candlesticks to appear in such a weird manner (Circled)? Was this a result of the EUR/USD being thingly traded by the opening markets in the pacific as it happens on EST Sunday?

That’s the weekend ignore that wacky pattern One of my the brokers has no price feed at all on the week end and will just show one big candle connecting Fri and Sun. Some like this show strange things I wonder if someone big is working on the weekend and changing price?

well it might be so, but still it doesnt explain another mysterious gap earlier on the 21st Oct wednesday. It shows the EUR/USD breaking the psychological resistance level at 1.5000 and there was a gap on that day at around 0900 EST. I checked out the economic calender and there was no major news on that day that might cause the gap. Any reasons or maybe it was just a random oddity?:confused:

No one knows the answer to this problem? bumping. :confused:

what time frame are you using?

usually trading platforms are show in time frames of 30 min, 1 hour. etc. the big common ones

if you set up a custom frame, such as 40 Mins, it would cause the candlestick to be all wacked up because the broker’s candlestick time registration doesn’t match up to your chart time frame

I’d contact the broker and see what they have to say.

To the above poster; he’s using the 1H TF, visible in the top left of his charts.

The issue is more than likely isolated to your broker. I’m not a candle guy but, I don’t see any gaps in my data. The one thing I learned about the forex market is alot of these brokers since they deal internally will have slight price variations from the spot market. There have been alot of times when a target was hit according to my data provider and was not hit by the broker.

And there have been tons of times the broker will get to a price prior to the data from the exchange.

The other day the data on the US dollar index (DX-200912) was all screwed up. Calling my provider they told me the exchange sent the information in. Later on my end of day update the problem was corrected.

Thank you guys for your reply. Really appreciate it! :smiley: