Multi-Monitor Screens setup for Trading

Ok, guys. I would like to set up 3 monitors, each 22 inch screens run on MT4 trading software. If anyone is handy with computer technology can you give some specifics on what I would need to set that up? Just assume that I have to purchase all new computer equipment. Thank you all.

Here’s what you need; two options:

1. Two video cards. At least one of them needs to have two monitor inputs (might be one vga one dvi / two dvi’s).

2. One video card (two monitor inputs) and one USB to monitor adapter. Little bit cheaper than option one. The usb adapter acts as a secondary video card if the computer has no space for a second card to be added into a slot.

The computer’s hardware won’t matter too much; running something like a dual core these days is more than enough. Simply plug it all in and windows (I assume that’s the operating system you’re using) will recognize it and let you set it up in the display properties (i.e which monitor is the left/middle/right).

I currently use option number two as I’ve got this running on a quad-core (overkill I know, I’m a geek) shuttle pc, not much room for more than one add-on card.

That’s it :slight_smile: Than all you’ll need to do is [B]STRETCH[/B] metatrader 4 over the 3 monitors. Hitting maximize will limit it to only one monitor so keep this in mind. Otherwise you’ll have to have three clients open (which most likely means three brokers, which isn’t so practical if you trade all from one account).

Voila :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! I went to a person who makes these custom and he quoted me well over $3000US. I think this method can beat that!

Are you also saying that if I only have one account I am wasting my time with three monitors? I merely want to be able to view my 3 charts more easily. :slight_smile: Thanks again, Soul.

no … what he meant is … u have to stretch it by Resizing the MT4 window … and not maximize…

Thank you as well

Did you check out what Yukon did?..(click on the blue arrow in the quote to go to that thread)

:slight_smile:

Ah, why did I miss that haha! Yes two usb converters would work too, cost you MUCH less than going and purchasing a video card. The converter I purchased cost me about $60CAD so it’s not as much as video cards. Plugging 2 of those in (one per monitor) would work!