Multi TF MA

does anyone have some kind of indicator that can show a daily MA in the 1H TF???

don´t want to multiply the MA by 24:D

i need to see a daily MA in my smaller TF, if someone know how to do it will be great.

thanks

just curious, why not multiply by 24? it may not be an exact match but would be pretty close.

Why don’t you want to multiply it by 24? That’s what I do…lol. :smiley:

this is useless for what i want.

i need to see exactly the daily MA in the 1H TF:D

I must admit to having a bit of a laugh at this, because whilst charts of 1 hour are less are based on exactly the same time periods between brokers, the 4 hour and 1 days charts often differ massively due to server offset times.

So the MA’s seen on one brokers daily chart could potentially differ by hundreds of pips from the same MA seen on another brokers charts, and yet, a few pips difference between multiplying an MA by 24 isnt accurate enough.

Lets not even consider the effects of missing bars on a sunday !

why???:smiley:

i´m just asking for something i need and you start to call me stupid:D

I would never call anyone stupid (except myself !)

If you need it then you need it :smiley:

just pointing out the discrepencies

could such differences be used for arbitrage?

hey Ruilima22, I don’t know of an existing ma indicator that does that. But the logic to calculate such an average is easy, but then you would need to get it coded.

i don´t know how to code anything.

if someone could help on this…

I doubt it although I do know people who watch multiple data feeds. The differences I’m describing are due to the representation, broker A’s day might end at 7PM GMT, broker B at 8PM GMT, Broker C at 9PM GMT etc.

The price at 8PM GMT is pretty much the same between all brokers, its just that for some this will be the close of the daily candle, but for another broker, this might not happen for 5 or 6 hours later, by which time time may be somewhere differet

If you look hard enough you can find instances where one broker’s charts show maybe a reversal pattern and another where you get a continuation pattern simply because of the difference in close times.

What is the reason you “need to see a daily MA in your smaller TF”? There’s no magic number.

what do you mean “there´s no magic number”??

Some traders put a lot of weight in “magic numbers” like pivots, fibonacci numbers, Murrey Math levels, the 50 and 200 period moving averages, etc… but the fact is when you take into consideration all of the traders and all of the indicators and time periods they use, it is likely more numbers than not on the chart are “marked” with a name of some kind. They all look great in hindsight but none can predict what price or traders will do next 100% of the time. I have posted about the “illusion of control” in other threads.

Many of my trades are based on the weekly open. It’s not a “magic number”. It is just a number. Sometimes when price approaches the weekly open, it may only move through by a few pips. Other times, it may run for hundreds. I do not know ahead of time. A trade is entered, the stop loss is entered and the rest is up to the market. The stop is moved at the appropriate time to protect a small gain and moved later if the market increases the gain. That is the extent of what I can do and nothing more. Since I do not know if or when the hundreds of pips run may happen, I must enter each and every time. Do I always win? Of course not. But a single win can more than make up for a handful of small losses. It is nothing fancy and it is extremely boring. Neither of which is important. It is profitable and that’s the only thing that is important to trading.

ok. thanks.

but do you think there´s a way of getting the indicator i need?

i think i have already saw something like that somewhere but i don´t remind where.

this may be the last piece on my system.

if someone knows how i can get this indicator please tell me.

You can find the indicator by putting “mtf moving average mq4” into a search engine. Hint - TSD has plenty of indicators.