What am I missing?

Hello everyone. I recently got introduced to the world of forex and have been learning the ins and outs using the schooling found on babypips. I plan to start demo-ing soon (maybe in the new year) and plan to do so for about 4-6 months before I even consider using real money. I’ve read as much as I can about the money making possibilities and failures and my first question is:

a) I keep seeing 90% of the people around saying “you’ll lose a lot of money”, “you’ll blow through your money in no time”, etc. etc. so my question is, if all these people are losing money, why are there so many people still trading forex? If it’s that tough, and money is so hard to make, and the fear of losing tons of money is constantly inflicted onto those that are just starting out, why even do it at all?

b) In relation to the above question, my second question relates to the difficulty of actually making money. As stated, I keep reading about people saying how tough it is and what not, yet I have read several reviews of indicator software, systems, etc. which seem to be making lots of PIPs so the statements and the claims seem to contradict each other.

So going back to the title of this thread, if indicator software like this is able to produce hundreds of PIPs per month on a constant basis over 5 years, but 90% of the people out there are throwing out huge warnings to beginners about how they’ll lose their money, what am I missing???

Thank you for your time and help with my questions.

Guerrilla marketing?

Do you mean in the sense that all the people who posted reviews of the software were all the same person?

It seems to me that anyone can post a review so if the software wasn’t delivering what it supposedly was capable of I would think there would be a lot of people saying that as well.

On top of that, if the person selling the software offers users to demo it to see that it’s for real, wouldn’t someone be able to tell right away if they were full of it?

how did you know what guerrilla marketing is? lol

I wasn’t sure so I did some searches and found a few different definitions so I was just trying to clarify. I’m aware that there are a lot of companies and such out there that pay people to post reviews. Or that people post positive reviews just because they’re hoping to get paid as an affiliate. But how does one ever know for sure? That’s why I feel like I’m missing something because there seems to be tons of software and stuff out there that people swear by, yet anytime I read something that isn’t a review or testimonial, people are saying how much money you will lose when you trade forex.

well it’s like chess playing computers, a computer can beat the average not so good player, but someone really good at it can beat the computer. Sure it takes a lot of learning and practice and a little something else… an edge but once you get there it’s not so hard. I’m just starting to get there. just seeing the light…

messed around with EAs in the beginning, like fapturbo for example, they’re all junk, but… whatever sinks yer boat.

So does that mean that any indicator software claiming several hundred PIPs per month is total BS?

All I’m saying is I’ve tried a few EAs and indicators. I won’t say that some aren’t useful, some are, but I don’t use anything other than some moving average and support / resistance lines and trend lines. That works for me. Go ahead and try different indicators etc. and see what works best for you. I wouldn’t spend a lot of $ on software though, usually what ever you are interested in trying out you can find a free download on a google search.

I’ll check some out. You’re right, the best way is to just experience it for myself. Thanks for your replies.