What pairs to trade between 6:00-11:00PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)?

I guess the title says it all.

I’m wanting to do some intraday trading after I get home from work, and was wonder what pairs are the most active/potentially profitable between 6:00-11:00PM PST.

thx.

1 Like

You could calculate the ATR on hourly charts and see for yourself during what times individual currencies tend to be most volatile.

1 Like

West coaster here as well, and I trade the Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Aussie, Yen, and Pound. All against the US dollar.

Not a big fan of the cross currencies.

The Euro, Yen, and Aussie, are my most frequent trades, and generally the most active, but I scan all of them looking for setups.

There are the very slow nights waiting for announcements, much like tonight. But even then opportunities do come.

Patience is key;)

1 Like

The asian session is generally pretty slow. Sometimes you’ll get a big move at 9 or midnight though.

The asian session is ok for set it and forget it trading. If you are scalping and trying to trade off PA as it moves, it’l be like watching grass grow most of the tim.

If I put a trade on in the asian session, it usually doesn’t move much either way until the next morning.

1 Like

eurjpy is actively traded around the clock.

1 Like