Signals in different timeframe question - which one to follow?

I’m a bit confused about buy/sell signals and multiple timeframes.

For example I’m using 2 EMAs set at 5 and 1, RSI- 13 and stochastics 14-3-3.

I’m looking at 15 minute, 1 hour and daily charts for an EMA crossover and supporting RSI/Stochastic signals

If I see all the signals in one timeframe is this a buy signal or do they have to all have the same signals? Often the indicators in differnet timeframes give quite mixed messages.

Hi dd
is this your own system that you have created ? i suggest that you really need to understand what the indicators do then you will understand the differences
best regards

This system you have described sounds similar to the cowabunga system or the ’ So Easy It’s Ridiculous’ system from the babypips school.

I also use a system like this.

generally, you are looking for all the signals in the one time frame, though you should always be checking higher timeframes from the one you are trading. This gives you an idea of where the bigger trend is heading. Personally, I don’t trade against the bigger trend. So if you are trading 1hr time frame and it has given us a buy signal, but the 4 hour chart is heading downwards - BE CAREFUL.

Also, the higher the time frame you trade, the more reliable the indicators become.

Regards
Simon

I don’t follow signals or time frames. I follow trends… :slight_smile: