Recommended Periods for EMA Crossover

I’m in the midst of developing my trading system.

Would like to use EMA crossover as an initial indicator for spotting the current trend. Any experts advise whether this is feasible?

If so, may I know what are recommended periods for EMA crossover on 1hr, 4hr, 1day charts? For e.g. EMA5 & EMA10, etc.

Hi,
I advise you to use the couple MA 2000 and the MA 5 on a chart of 1 minute time frame.

I always think that the one minute time frame is the best way to follow the trend from its begining. The rest is up to you

2000?

Did I read that right?

lol !

Yes 2000 that’s righ but on Time Frame One minute.

You can try 21 as fast and 1597 as low, all of this only one TF1.

It is statictical : The fast will always cross the low on important move. You will have some noise of course, but much much more precisions. Just give a try

I wouldn’t take recommendations from anyone; rather, you might backtest your system to identify the best values for yourself.

MA 2000 and 5. Works for me. :D:D:D A few too many noughts perhaps? At first I thought a typo but apantly not. I also use Pheng Phooey… a potted plant by my monitors draws bad karma. :stuck_out_tongue:

MA 2000 would be close to a horizontal line… now where have I heard that before… :rolleyes:

And one minute trend following? hmmm…

Pull up your favorite pair. 15m chart. change the price to a line instead of candles. add a 1period SMA and an 80 period SMA then see what happens with the crosses. Or instead of 80sma try an infinite sma, but then you have to move it vertically to the vicinity of current price or else you won’t get many crosses.

Thank you guys for the feedback.

I’ll do some experimenting and backtesting to see how it goes.