MT4 Shifting Timeframe

Hi Babypippers,

I’m employing an EMA crossover strategy primarily using the 4H timeperiod using MT4.

As we have to wait for the entire period (4H) to pass by to have the software chart a crossover, the crossover itself might have happened an hour or two prior to it being reported.

So, is there a way that we can chart the 4H period but deviated by 2 hours. ie instead of midnight, 4am, 8am, etc
Chart 2am, 6am, 10am

This way we’re still using the big block periods but if for example a crossover happens at 2pm, we don’t have to wait till 4pm to get jump at it.

Keep in mind placing a simple -2 shift in the EMA settings will not do the trick as it is still using the same data ie 00, 4am, 8am etc just charting it backwards.

I’m not sure if this has been previously covered in another thread but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kasio

Or in case of waiting soooo long for a cross, you could simply use an MA cross EA with alert (sonor alert or email ones). So you dont need to wait for hours in from of your PC.

I dont really like EMA use on big time frame. I really prefere to use very long MA on MN1. More precisions I think

Hi Mudar,

Thanks for the reply but that’s not what I meant. I don’t want to wait for the 4h candle to finish as the rise or drop within the candle that causes the crossover might happen well before the candle closes.

But thanks for the response.

You don’t like emas, what’s your weapon of choice in trend identification?