Is 5% per month a good return?

Hi,

I would like to ask, is a consistent 5% average monthly yield, with relatively small drawdown, say 0% to -1% for a particular month a good return in forex?

From what I have been informed, most big forex funds only return less than 3% per year on average. Yes 3% per year. So does that mean 5% per month return is already very good?

For a novice trader any +% gain per month is good. However, It will depend on the size of your account. 5% gain on a $10k account = $500. Is it worth it ? IMHO. forget about projected possibilities, learn how to trade first. Then learn how to trade profitably. Don’t chase % gains, concentrate on becoming the best trader you can be, then your % gain will take care of its self and will be what it will be. Worrying about Pip targets or % gains is extra pressure and will distract your mind from the important matters

thanks kockneerebel, I guess i am just very defensive about this. I really should just concentrate of getting positive pips per day. It is really the pips that matter. And the amount can just be adjusted. So a system with more than 60% win/loss ratio and looks like I am on the right track to become a pro trader.

Well said man, you beat me to it, I totally agree.