Pivot Point Trading - Entry Rules

OK Most people heard about Pivot Point and their importance in trading. I read in a variety of sources that these levels can be traded on their own without the need of lagging indicators. Just use Pivot Points for entry and exit and thats it.

You find a lot of information on pivots, how they are calculated, their importance in trading, why you need to scale out or exit at these levels etc.

What I can’t find is - HOW do you ENTER A TRADE when the price reach the pivot point or any S1 or R1 etc. What Criteria you can use to decide if the price will bounce back or breaks the level and keeps on going up / down?

Of course there is no certainty that everytime you take a trade at a pivot point, the trade will always go in your favour because this is impossible in FOREX, but WHAT CFRITERIAS you can use to increase the odds that most of the time the trade goes in favour of you?

Any sources that you can recommend on this topic.

Thanks in Advance.

My very best advice would be to practice and see for yourself. There is no perfect entry or exit. You will always leave pips on the table by getting in too early or leaving too late. This will happen every single time. However, there can always be perfect money management.

For me, I like to take entries when they have broke the high or low of a candle I have deemed with significance.

Search for this book “Candlestick And Pivot Point Trading Triggers by John Person”… he got the answer U want…

Great answer!!! I was just going to say the same thing!!! John’s books are very informative in my opinion!