Odd hours trading

I have read that there are different hours of the day for trading different markets. Is there ever be a reason to do some currency trading during non-traditional hours for a given pair, perhaps in anticipation of things?

Sure. Some folks don’t like trading the Asian session due to lower volume. However a news event could wake that time frame up a bit.

Generally, it’s best to trade when there are plenty of other traders trading, as less volume is more easier manipulated and can cause unexpexted spikes against the prevelent direction.

That time is mostly the US/London overlap. Asian session is tradeable, but still moves slower. It usually picks up somewhat between 9-11 central. Myself, I look for trades between 5-10 AM, and 6-11 PM. If it’s outside of those times I won’t take it unless the setup looks reeeeeeally good.

You can place trades during, dead times, but the trades usually won’t move that much. And when the next session starts the trade can go against you, quite a bit before, going the way you think it should.