What's your favorite session to trade?

I’ve been thinking about this recently, mainly due to the fact im in the EST timezone and miss a lot of the asian/london sessions. Am I really missing anything?

What’s your favorite session to trade and why? Volatility? Stability? Convenience?

Look forward to hearing from many.

I like the first few hours of Tokyo because it’s the only time I can trade. I also trade on daily so the exact hour isn’t a big concern to me.

Couple of hours before and after London open suits me and it gives good trade opportunities with some very good volume. Besides, it also suits my time zone and my work commitments.

Regards,
Muthu.

You know so far in my demoing, I have found opportunities to trade at all times. Though I’m lucky that I’m a night owl and so I can be up for the London open. Plus I trade on either the 4hr or day charts, so most of my trades have durations that overlap with the different sessions.

Perhaps I’m still too much of a newbie to really see a significant difference :).

Cheers,

Synergy

@cubanpip

I’m also trading at work lol - talking about working extra :P. Having a separate office helps a lot with the boss sneaking up behind you. Best advice is to have something prepared on your desk and make sure it’s good stuff so you’re not going to raise any eyebrows.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

By trading around this time do you trade a certain pair or two? Or is it more of you trade what you see during that time no matter the pair?

Haha I wish I could do the nights thing. Unfortunately I’m in university so my days are generally spent in class, thus meaning I have to be awake during the day :p.

Hopefully however my part time trading will allow me to learn enough by the time I graduate and hopefully I will make this a full-time job. I’m tired of working for someone else haha.

I like to trade Asian and early London but work and class is kicking my ass so I can’t stay awake to trade. I just set my alarm every 4 hours and trade at night during the week.

I bring my laptop to all my classes to so I can check on my trades there lol

LOL - I also set my alarm clock to ring every 4 hours - I usually trade Asian hours.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

Haha I tried that and got in trouble for waking up the rest of the house :eek:

I’m happy to say though I’ve had quite a good week trading just at 7:00pm EST. Granted a small account and my risk wouldn’t be so commendable on these forums, but 40% ROI for a week isn’t bad on my account :smiley:

I like to trade from London GMT 9 in the morning to the 5 in the evening, of course sometimes doing some trades in the night too:) I am using Daily charts:)

An Aussie here so I’m in the habit of trading in the early or later hours of the Sydney/Tokyo session or if there’s a major Oz news release then ill be monitoring and putting positions before the Sydney Open. But actually my favourite time to trade is in the London open and during the early hours of the London/New York session, this allows me to put in a swing position or two before I hit the sheets.

I am fortunate that I can trade when I like. I trade late Asian, London and NY open

Do you find one session better for you than another? I find the Asian session slow moving, at least for the first couple hours.

I find that mid London is the slowest, but it depends on your trading method