Just had a realisation

….staring at the charts is not going to make the price move any quicker or in the direction I want it to go.

Must stop being a slave to the charts!

That’s correct, yet you could watch a $#@% flick at the same time. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean, its so addicting though I got to where I’d sit and stare at the candles forming trying to guage the level of action by how fast the price fluctuates while they form I try not to do that anymore but I still slip into it sometimes lol

I agree. I have already told myself I will not fiddle with the trades after I place them (except when my fib line turns out to be wrong when price continues trending), but I still have to wacth the candle go up and down. It’s MADDENING!

Hahaha!! I’m there too! I frickin’ luv it! I pretty much spend all of my free time watching charts… My tv is even gettin’ dusty… I’m learning soo much tho, it’s kinda hard not ta get absorbed in trying out my new tricks and seeing things I didn’t see before. Now excuse me… I haveta get back ta ma charts…:wink:

My girlfriend complains that I’m always “watching that stupid grid”.

Swing trading kept me away from this addiction… I just started the university again and I have to wake up at 4 am from tuesday-friday, and need to place only limit orders and wait 1 day to look at the charts again, and guess what? I just had my largest winner trade, 150+ pips. 1:3 risk reward ratio

Lesson learned! I still can be profitable while I’m studying, just one hour a day.

I usually watch my trades when they get activated, and keep watching them until that start going my way and then I can chill. It’s not the best. I want to get to the point where I can just leave them. I think I will get there over time, with many trades.

That’s because you’re not profitable enough! she’s telling you “Show me the money!”

Naw, she gets more upset because I stay on the Euro session because of the increased movement and I usually end up sleeping most of the day off. She doesn’t care what I do, if it keeps me from hanging out with her, it’s the devil in her eyes! :stuck_out_tongue: