What else would you buy without seeing it?

There’s been a bit of chatter recently about products you can buy to learn to trade FOREX, I keep saying the same thing, if you can’t see exactly what you’re buying - DON’T.

So to drive the point home, can we make a list of all the products you would buy without ever seeing it in action?

If you can’t think of any, reply with a ‘‘NONE’’!

I hope by products you mean applications and trading systems, because you certainly cannot see education in action - only the results of it in the actions of those who have learned.

Excellent Clarification!

I bought my present computer online without ever seeing it in action beforehand.

I sometimes buy books online without having flipped them through in a bookstore.

I do get your point though and I agree. The get-rich-quick crowd will grasp any straw, even if it’s an obscure website promising this or that.

Ahh yes, but you knew exactly what your computer would do when you got it?

Books, you wouldn’t spend more than a few pounds each time would you? Not Over £20? And you’ve got access to plenty of reviews that you know are genuine.

Have you been to university any time in the last 20 years? How much did you pay for those books? More than 20 quid, I’m sure. “They were required for the course” I’m sure you’ll say, but how much did you pay for the course? For the degree? Did you know what you were getting? Could you see it in action? No, of course not. You could only see the result of it as applied by others - to my earlier point - and even then it would not be exactly the same for you. In fact, what you got from your degree probably hasn’t been anywhere near what you expected going in.

A patient coming in for a root canal, post/core and a crown will pay a lot more than 20£ and all they generally have to go on is faith that I know what I’m doing and not taking them for a ride.

Not to mention what it’s like to leave your car for a repair, just pay and try to look as if you understood any of what they said they did…

Good Point, I was actually fortunate enough to go to College when there were still grants available! and had a jolly good time.

Looking back now, yes it was very poor, it was outdated in fast changing IT industry, and what I learned, very little of it was of any practical use in the ensuing market.

If I hadn’t have had such a good time it would have been a complete waste of 2 years.

But I did know exactly what I would be getting, If I did A B and C on the course I would get a degree, so I knew exactly what I was getting into.

Do you know?!!! I did go to the Dentist about 10 years ago and had some treatment done, I then saw another dentist and he said I didn’t need the last treatment and I haven’t been since, I put all the money I saved for my trading capital :smiley: and now I’m smiling all the way to the bank!

Actually I suppose there are quite a few restaurants where you hand over your money and you don’t know what the heck you’re getting.