Difference In Intraday & Daily Trading

Can someone please enlighten me to what is the difference between intraday & daily trading ? Eg : difference between intraday & daily charts ?

Thank you.

Intraday trading and day trading are the same thing them both mean you open and close the trade within the same day.

Thanks “SRC” for your kind reply.

However, say on charts selection, there are intraday chart and daily chart, is this similar to your above explanation ?

Please assist.

Thank you.

An Daily Chart is a chart where each candle/bar has a time frame of 24 hours. An Intraday Chart is a chart where each candle/bar has a time frame below 24 hours. A 5 minute chart, a 30 minute chart, and a 4 hour chart are all examples of Intraday Charts.

If you’re talking about chart differences, look up fractals.

Thanks “SlikRick” for your very concise and clear explanation. It is a shame not to even know the basic.

As for “this barb” thanks also for your answer. Unfortunately, I am totally brand new and do not really understand your answer. Do you mean for me to look up the fractals section of Babypip ? or what ?

Would sure appreciate if you can explain.

Sorry for giving you this unnecessary trouble.

Once again, thank you to everyone whom assist me. Action appreciated.

Regards

The fractal thing is just about the same patterns appearing at all timeframe levels of charts - patterns within patterns within patters, etc.

Thanks “rhodytrader” for your reply.

What you meant is to look for the same chart pattern at different time frame. So for example, if a chart pattern appears on a 15 min chart, I have to look further at say a 4H or 1D chart to see the overall chart patter development.

Am I right ?

Once again, thanks everyone for all your very kind assistance.

Thank you.

Regards

1 Like

You can think of it that way.

Thanks sygoh168 for asking the question. I am sure many newbie traders have found it helpful. :slight_smile: