Day trading or swing trading

Ca anybody tell me the benefits of both -

1. scalping/ day trading
  2. swing tradng

Depends what suits you. Do you have a 9-5? Do you want to hold trades overnight and for a few days.

Can you watch the charts during peak hours?

i have a 9-5, therefore i cant really spend most of the day on the charts, what are the peak hours ?
Uk
Thanks
ddinnov

What time zone? I’m assuming the UK?

Because you said you won’t be able to watch the market because of your 9 - 5 job I would suggest doing either Swing Trading or Position Trading. Also I sense that you are a newbie when it comes to trading and in my opinion Swing Trading is much easier to learn. There is a higher success rate than that of Day Trading. There is less time involved when it comes to managing your account online. Your job won’t get in the way because 1-3 hours a day will more than plenty. Plus I think the stress is less severe than that of Day Trading or at least that is in my opinion.

However there are a few downsides to Swing Trading. You will need to do some thorough research of the markets before you begin trading which could be time consuming. Can be quite difficult to become profitable in it if you are new.

But all in all I would suggest going to route if you have discipline and can keep your emotions in check.

uk time zone

ok thanks , ill look into swing trading. an you suggest a trading platform and software please

can anybody suggest a trading platform for swing trading and software

Meta Trader 4.

I use the FXCM metatrader4 platform, of course you need $2000 minimum deposit. So I would suggest searching this forum for better reviews. However, I think it is more of a personal preference when it comes to choosing software. I would suggest you open up demo accounts on various sites to get a feel for what you like.

thanks all for the help

Get a demo with Oanda or Alpari or someone else who uses MT4 (metatrader 4)