Fx fund management qualifications..?

hi guys,

just out of curiousity, does any1 know about UK regulation regarding fund management?

i mean, if say a friend or family member asked me to invest x amount of £££ for them in the fx markets,what type of qualifications do i need to do this? im assuming the FSA has a way of regulating this process…?

any ideas from any1 who acts as a broker etc, please let me know.

Thanks

If you undertake this service as a private individual for your friends and family the FSA need not be involved. If it takes off however and friends of friends of friends etc want to get involved and they will if your consistantly profitable (word spreads). You may want to get licenced with the FSA. You will need to anyway if you become a limited company. Good luck. :slight_smile:

thanks for the speedy response.
iv had a look for such financial qualifications however have not been able to pinpoint a specific one… can you point me towards what licsensing is required to enable one to manage 3rd party funds?

many thanks

Some info regarding the UK:
Do I need to be authorised?

Also for the US:
Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA)

The answers will be specific to your desired set up. Your first point of call is to contact the FSA. They are on the whole a helpful and friendly bunch and will apreciate you contacting them for guidlines rather than them having to chase you later on after you have taken off.

cheers guys,

much appreciated!