How much have u made as a beginner?

HI All
I am a beginner in forex trading. Trying to understand the ins and outs of it.
I have a demo account with one of the forex brokers. I am interested in trading GOLD. I would like to know if any of you is into GOLD trading and as a beginner how much profit has one made in it. With a intial deposit of say $200, how much profit would be realistic to expect?

you will blow ur fist account …thats for sure… but be patient dont quit yet …cuz i blew 4 real accounts in 4 days before i became successful… so the key is “BE PATIENT”

if you have the right strategy , bit of luck , presence of mind and a lot of patientce …there’s no stopping you …

I love trading gold futures, but I wouldn’t recommend trading them for a beginner.

Gold moves in far more exagerated increments than the normal forex pairs.

Movements of $50 in a few hours aren’t uncommon when big world news happens. That is 500 pips. A total account wrecker. It’s rare to see a currency pair do that. Just the normal price action swings are more volatile requiring large stop loss setups, and a watchful eye.

If you can handle that, go for it. But it’s an expensive road full of washouts on the learning curve.

Cheers!

my first live account was 100$ and it took 4 days for me to blow it.

that´s what you can expect for this first account of yours.

it will probably teach you the most important lesson about trading: undercapitalized funds are the first step for money management mistakes. and MM mistakes is the first and last step to blow an account:D

don´t get me wrong; i love forex and i´m making money from it… but is just not like the advirtisement saids:o

What an absurd assertion. Way to set up a new trader for failure. Maybe he will blow, maybe he won’t.

i was stating a highly likely possiblity … but maybe he wont … but thats not the point of my reply …

I’d overestimated that statement before when I started. I’m a prime example of what happens as a beginner. Started with a $200 deposit about 4 months ago, made some gains; however now sit with $20 wondering what went wrong.

Of course, in hindsight I know what I did wrong.

My suggestion as a beginner would remain as I’ve stated before. Focus on staying PROFITABLE rather than GAINS when you start. If you’re profitable, gains will come in time.

I’m making profits but also losses. Usually my losses are because there is one things I didn’t consider, in hind sight. I have good money management, so I’m still in the game.

Hi, I’m a newbie here. I have been playing with a demo account for a few months on and off. Reading John C. Murphy and other Forex related stuff, doing the Candlestick course of Steve Nison. I am on the gain side more than the loss, but I must admit, I am making still making uneducated guess. I am not going for “real” until I feel I “know” a bit more of what I’m doing, like proper entries and exits. But I love it. I plan to do the course on this site, maybe that will me motivated to take the plunge. My gains are when I concentrate. MY losses are when I walk away to do something else because I know its play money.

how much have i made as a beginner? hmmm, well, i can testify to the fact there is no such thing as beginner’s luck!

Thanks everyone for ur inputs. Are there any DO’s and Dont’s that i should follow?

If you’re beginning, DO NOT trade the news. I learned the hard way haha. The big dips and drops look amazing for making money but everything seems perfect in hindsight. Makes for some healthy losses.

I started in July, 09. Demo until Nov. 1st, am up 9% since. Between 15 and 20 trades with no losses. (I’m waiting with baited breath for my first loss), it will happen I know.

Maybe ill explain my questions in a different way.

1. I am more intersted in gold trading as there is only 1 value u need to keep track of as against Forex/ Currency trading where u need to follow two currencies. Is this good assumption ?

2. When is a good time to buy gold and when is a good time to sell. This is a very basic question but I need to konw where I can get material/info to answer those questions.

3. I have no idea about the graphs/charts , trend lines etc. Do I need to really understand these to make a gold trade ?

4. When I open a real account, will I have the flexibility to withdraw my money anytime ? (say my initial deposit or some profits(if any :slight_smile: ) . Which is a better way of transacting money with the traders ? Credit cards or Paypal or any other method ?

For now these are the questions.

Thanks for your inputs.

By the way I am 2 weeks old on demo trading … fyi…

What system are you using that runs at 20 wins in a row?

So far not one reply with a comment of someone actually making money.

The other thread “how much have you lost” is full of comments.

Hmm…

Can it really be that difficult?

I agree with you on that and I have tried to make that point several times in the past since I have been a member of this forum, the market moves on fundimentals exactly as you said but I get rebuked everytime I say it, you need to learn fundimentals and the economic forces that drive currency prices, as well as technical analysis to be successful. My gains are over 400% from my initial deposit.