Alternate Internet Connections

I’m spending more and more time out at my lake house these days. That’s the good news…
The bad news is, I can’t trade out there!!

Has anyone had any experience with alternate methods of data link? Say, a Hughs Net or Sky Blue satellite link. I think the wireless route is not feasible…

any ideas?

TIA!!

do you have 3g coverage in the lake house?
if you do, get an android phone, root it and use the internet connection from your provider.
it against the terms of service but they wouldn’t know.

Jad

What jado911 said, you can do the same with a blackberry phone as well. If I have cell coverage then I can grab internet through my phone. I often trade when I’m in an area that doesn’t have free wifi or at a house that doesn’t have wifi.

skip the phone part, most 3g providers offer mobile wifi routers like verizons “mifi”

My 3G iphone is sketchy at best out there… I bet Verizon would be better.

Don’t those 3G WI-Fi Units have some type of data limit or something??
Like you can only use 5Meg a month ??

Are there unlimited ones??

That might be the ticket! :smiley:

I think that their unlimited data is 30/month and they supposedly have the best 3g coverage .

Tmobile has it for the same price unlimited, not sure about the coverage.
you’d want to check if verison allows data usage and voice at the same time…the ATT commercials always pick on verison for that.

If he gets a mobile wifi device then it would be on a seperate line, so he wont have to worry about the data/voice problem.

Thanks, so much, for the help guys!! :smiley:

It is truly appreciated…

if he gets and android he wouldn’t need another device or a service to pay for.
with android you are using the same data package used for the phone(no additional charges), thats what I have and its running good.
called wireless tether Google it.
…any time tderrick

Jado