Trading simulator

Hi all, i have been reading[B][I] Enhancing Trader Performance[/I][/B] by Brett N. Steenbarger and he recommends using trade simulator software to develop timing entries and exits. Would anybody on this glorious forum be grand enough recommend one to me?

Cheers

Elguapo

If you are using MT4, I have an EA that works with the strategy tester and acts as a simulator. Haven’t tried or looked for any online ones.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I use/have one but it’s specifically for my trading strategy.

sweetpips, I’am using mt4 so that would be sweet, thanks. I have searched online and there seems to be a few options but I just wanted to know if there were any recommendations as to which to use.

Here it is…I got it from o9901mh (that macguyver guy :smiley: )

Setup PDF

Installer

Files

It does have a few limitations such as if any indicators you use are multiframed, they won’t work well if at all. Also you can’t change timeframes while trading. It has scripts for market orders and pending stop orders but not limit orders…or at least I haven’t figured it out if it does.

Otherwise it’s great even if it’s just to watch price action which you can speed up or slow down, and for whatever price history you have available to you.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

ok thanks sweet pip i will get it set up and test it out… thanks once more for the help it is very much appreciated.

Your tool looks very good.

Sorry for thread resurrection, but is there any way to alter the spread on this tool - at the moment it is giving me a 12-13 pip spread on the eur/usd which is obviously a nightmare to practice with.

I guess that’s because of your broker platform has big spreads. Try some broker platform which has fixed spread. When i tried TS i got 3 pip spread and my broker had fixed spread.

Okay…this is from an old thread, but I’m new and looking for answers as to how to back test. I found this trading simulator thread and thought that it was the answer. It appears, however, that I have to download and purchase WinRAR in order to use the simulator. Is that the case, or am I doing something incorrectly? Please let me know. Thanks.