The Battle of Forex

I sometimes think of forex as a battle. I know this is a common way to think about it, but I go a bit deeper. You have your offense and defense for both teams. The offense are reasons to go in the teams direction, and the defense is a reason to think price will hold if price is moving in the opposite direction. The defense only matters after a trade has been made.

Bulls (long trades)

Offensive:

Momentum
Hammer
Above 200EMA
Upward trendline
Oversold conditions
MACD increasing

Defensive:

Support
Price at 200EMA

The Bears team is pretty much opposite

Offensive:

Momentum
Hanging Man
Below 200EMA
Downward trendline
Overbought conditions
MACD decreasing

Defensive:

Resistance
Price at 200EMA

If a trade goes against me depending on how close price is to 200EMA, it may have to actually break it to stop me out. I usually only make a trade when the team I’m rooting for has at least 3 offensive moves and in case of a reversal, a strong support/resistance point (defensive move) that it would have to break through. By strong I mean either a line where price has bounced back at least twice although preferably 3 or more (whether as support or resistance), or a point where it is a single bounce but a very prominant one.

Feel free to add your own. These offensive/defensive moves are nothing more than factors for determining how to make a trade, but it’s more fun to think of it as a battle I think.

Hopefully, my team will become victorious :slight_smile:

Hi Viper5, i like the way you think about trading, however to me, different market = different set of indicators to use and going further, different trader means different set of indicators too.
generally speaking, thinking about trading as a battle, that your positions are your soldiers, and that you have offensive/defensive moves, etc is a good and fun way to see this mind game.

just my personal opinion, i am not a pro :wink:

I realize that these can be different for different traders. Thats why I said they are the same thing as factors for making a trade which vary from trader to trader.