Is scalping forbidden?

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to FOREX and so far I have used a demo account. I am from Turkey and I will open a real account from a presenter of Netinvest Financial in Turkey. On the agreement paper it is written that scalping is forbidden. I asked that to an employee and she told me that they count a profit less than 20 pips as scalping and if I did that more than 10 times in a day, I would get a warning and etc. and she also told me that the companies that allow scalping are not trustable ones. Lots of time I see increases about 20 pips in my open positions and then they reverse and go to negative side. It would be more profitable if I took them.

So, I want to ask that if she was right or I should open my account from another presenter.

Thank you

less than 20 pips??? ha I take those all the time.

Go to another company. Taking 20 pips profit is done all the time, it ensures you can lock in when trades are with you it is not scalping.

That broker/sales-lady is feeding you BS :wink:

There are brokers who allow scalping, they are quite trustworthy and many can attest to it. I don’t even feel, personally, that a trade of less than 20 pips is necessarily a scalp either.

Look for some other broker who meets your needs. I use Oanda, I scalp, others on the forums do too.

I am taking 1pip to 8 pips in 45 seconds maximum. No problem.
Actually today even 14 pips:)

Do your homework to research and locate another broker. This one has some sort of scam going on. Brokers make a fixed profit in spread on every trade. The more trades you make, the more profit they make. It sounds like your broker wants more than just your spread. It sounds like they want to trade against you and take it all. If it were me, I’d find a broker who was happy to make the spread, no mater how many trades I made or what size they were.

Thank you everyone, I ll surely consider your comments and dig it more deeply this time.

She’s full of BS. Companies that charge you the spread love scalpers, because they trade more often.

That said scalping is a sure way to lose your ass as a new trader. IMO, it’s a fools game.

Thank you for all your responses, as a newbie I ll have to ask one more question. Where can I find the abbreviation list - I think - special to this site. For example I did not get what BS is in this thread:)

LOL, BS = Bull …poop.

:slight_smile: so, never be so complicated:)