Backtesting

Hi everyone, I’m having issues with backtesting my EA’s.

My computer crashed about a month ago meaning I lost all my EA’s, now I’m back up and running and re-installed my EA’s and the meta trading platforms etc. Back then I used to come and read this forum for general advice, but never needed to join as such to ask questions, but that’s changed now!

The problem is, now whenever I try to do a back test using the EA’s, or even the built in Moving Average etc, I have no results whatsoever, I have tried a few brokers including Alpari UK, FXCM etc, but there is no change. This wasn’t the case before, and I have tried to look through this forum using search, but nothing explains the solution to my problem.

I am downloading M1, M5 and even all of the data from the history centre, I have tried open model and every tick, checking optimisation and unchecking it too.

Once I press start, the ‘backtest’ is over within 10seconds usually, so I know it’s not even gone though.

Here is an example of the results I get;

2010.05.09 14:12:11 MegaDroid: loaded successfully
2010.05.09 14:12:17 MegaDroid: optimization started
2010.05.09 14:12:17 MegaDroid: optimization stopped
2010.05.09 14:12:17 There were 1 passes done during optimization, 1 results have been discarded as insignificant

And thats for about 6 months of data apparently, so it’s telling me that not even 1 trade was done?

I’ve put my max bars in history to 999999999999, enabled live trading and EA’s in options

I’ve tried everything I can think of, and its all 3 of my EA’s, I’m sure it’s something simple, but I can’t see what!:confused:

Please someone shed some light on this before I jump out of my 2nd floor window!! Arghh:(

Thanks

Try un-checking the Optimisation checkbox on the Settings tab of the Backtester.

Thanks,

seems to have sorted it out, I knew it must be something simple, but I was all out of ideas.

Now I can listen to that sweet duck sound as many times as i like!

Thanks again,

Chazz