ZUP Indicator

ZUP - Universal Zig Zag Indicator

Can anyone explain how this Indicator works?
I have it in my Metatrader 4 but i don’t know how to use it for my trading, i’ve no clue what it should tell me. I found this article on the internet about this Indicator but it didn’t help…

Thanks

Hi…
Is it displaying dashed lines from swing to swing, with fib retracement %'s? Just making sure you clicked the allow DLL in the first tab of it’s parameters before going much further…

:slight_smile:

Are there any Entry or Exit signals?
And what do those dashed lines tell me?

thanks sweety… xD

There is an alert for something but it defaults to off.

Mostly I use it for detecting butterflies & gartley fibonacci patterns. There is a lot more it can do… like fib arcs & fans, andrews pitchfork and other zigzag type calculations…but I haven’t had much interest in those at this point.

The best resource for it is by it’s creator, but unfortunately his website is all in russian. He has posted a few english articles on mt4’s mql forum which may help…or not… :wink:

zup part 2 - MQL4: search

does it look like this ?

how do you get all the swing hi/lo’s to have those lines? I usually (only) see “webs” connect to a certain fixed distance (about say… 10 legs).

What on earth is happening there!

LOL, now that is funny!!

It’s the STSLWTF indicator =D

Swings That Shoots Lasers When They Fail

I have no idea what is happening there lol, its a picture i came accross on another forum some time back I saved it because i thought it looked interesting i havent been able to find out how it works though, all i know is two Russian guys programmed it and it has something like 4000 lines of code, so I assumed for them to put that much effort into it they must have had some kind of a strategy they were trying to implement I would love to know what it is though

If you would look at the trend line placed at the bottom of the 2 lower points

I did, nothing happened.