697 pip GBPUSD spike

Hey Y’all,

First thread here, long time lurker, been trading Forex about year and half.

I checked my accounts after work today and one of my accounts got stopped out. My broker (FXDD) closed out 4 open trades totaling $1051. I saw that GBPUSD had a 690 pip spike from 4641 up to 5338.:eek: I checked my other two accounts with different brokers and neither shows that same spike. This happened about 2:30 EST. Minus that spike I should have had enough margin.

So anybody else with FXDD that had this same spike?

I haven’t called my broker yet, so hopefully it’s a data error and not the broker manipulation.

Thanks

I have seen that before but I don’t know what caused it. Definite account killer if you don’t have a stop. Hopefully those spikes are just glitches and not the dreaded “Stop Hunters”:eek:

I trade IBFX and the highest that was hit 1.4768. That’s quite the manipulation by your broker! Was this live or demo??

I would complain to your broker. I checked different data feeds and NONE were like that! If you trade live, I’d complain the heck out of your broker! Or… If you’re trading demo, never open an account with your broker. Lol

This is a live account. Good news, I just called them, they received a data spike from their provider and are in the process of restoring all the accounts. Within the hour I should have my trades restored. I guess sometimes it’s not the brokers fault.:rolleyes:

Well, good on FXDD! Stuff happens but it is good to see that they are actively fixing it.