Stop Loss
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Loss

Smile Stop Loss

Hi guys,

How do you set up a stop loss for trading the forex? And could anyone recommend a backtesting software.

You can place your stop order numerous ways ways but that really depends on the broker your using. I would just look at the help file for your broker. I use Oanda and I can place a STOP order at the same time I place the order to buy or sell. I can also right click on the chart to change the STOP order. I use Metatrader for my backtesting. Good Luck!

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/ind...?page=platform

Quote Originally Posted by nesmithdj View Post
    Hi guys,

How do you set up a stop loss for trading the forex? And could anyone recommend a backtesting software.

If you talk about the theory behind stoploss identification - thats your duty. Upon your risk, reward ratio.

Your stoploss is what you can afford to lose in that particular trade, not more.

Check your strategy, and your profit objective, that will give you a clue where to setup stoploss.

Metatrader indeed is best charting software I seen.

Quote Originally Posted by topchess View Post
    If you talk about the theory behind stoploss identification - thats your duty. Upon your risk, reward ratio.

Your stoploss is what you can afford to lose in that particular trade, not more.

Check your strategy, and your profit objective, that will give you a clue where to setup stoploss.

Metatrader indeed is best charting software I seen.
    Stop loss is simple tool in operate but hard to do at every trade, maybe its just set at order any amount of pips but iin fact so many trader not do like this . Among of them still assume the market will move as their expected. so no want to set stop loss

Quote Originally Posted by marginfx View Post
    Stop loss is simple tool in operate but hard to do at every trade, maybe its just set at order any amount of pips but iin fact so many trader not do like this . Among of them still assume the market will move as their expected. so no want to set stop loss
    I disagree with the majority and agree with the minority that a stop loss is sued to close a trade for a loss (I know a few here at BP have written about it). Makes perfect sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo35 View Post
    I disagree with the majority and agree with the minority that a stop loss is sued to close a trade for a loss (I know a few here at BP have written about it). Makes perfect sense to me.
    I guess the clue is in the name...

You are asking how to go about using stop loss?? Would suggest you check up on baby pips school for the relevant info right away..

I think setting a stop loss has to do also with which broker you are using as some of them have restrictions on how wide a sl can be

You do realise this is a 9 year old thread?

LOL, lazarus threads are a great fun to read up on..wonder how the OP did sans the SL..

Forum Sponsors