How do I add an .rar file to MT4?

There is a file in .rar format that includes a template + indicators that I want to add to my MT4 but have no idea how to go about this. Any suggestions please and thank you!

Go to WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files and download winrar.

Extract the indicators and template and put them in the appropriate folders in MT4, if you don’t know what they are let me know and I’ll let you know.

Hmmmmm, so I put the template in the template folder and the indicator in the indicators folder but they do not show up in the indicator list. And the folder titles appear in the metaeditor but not the actual indicators or template. The file I want to add is located in this forum in case this helps: forex-tsd.com/suggestions-trading-systems/21030-trading-system-xard777.html

Thanks for your help so far, I appreciate it.

did you restart MT4? new stuff won’t show unless you do.

Yup, it just doesn’t seem to be working.

try doing this. unrar them on to your desktop, then copy and paste the files into the mt4 folder. resart, and that’s it.

if all else fails, u may have to reinstall mt4

Excellent! I got it working. Thank you all very much for your help. Now back to lurking these forums…

I have a lot of rar files on my PC. But my young brother crashed my hard drive yesterday. I restored almost all data except rar archives. To my good fortune a friend advised me -recoverytoolbox.com/rar_fix_tool.html. It helped me for seconds and completely free of charge as I bore in mind. Above I knew how the program retrieved all needed documents even from corrupted archives of RAR format. And some other things…