Ninety9 Trading

Hi All,
first I like to clarify a few things.
Charts are NOT created out of thin air from the MN (Monthly) to the Tick chart.
They go from the tick up to the monthly and ALL charts after the tick charts are actually just compressed data out of the tick charts.
In Forex nobody is trading “noise”, does not exist, since every tick was a actual trade with real money changing hands sooner then later.
Stocks you can have noise since there you can make “put” and “calls” with the option but not obligation to buy a stock and that’s what I call noise.
SL (Stop Loss) for M1=8 pips; M5=16; M15=28; M30=45; H1=70; H4=100; D1=220 pips. This are the SL you can expect. The higher TF you trade, the more you have to accept retraces, the higher your SL has to be, otherwise you loose. You get stopped out, just to find out with 20 pips more SL it would have gone in your direction. You don’t believe me? Open a D1 chart measure a candle. Lets say overall trend is short but look at the long candles and measure them, this are the retraces you have to expect to get your pips over time.
You really want to trade like this?
What should be the goal: Your money exposure as short as possible
and making pips in that short time.
I am trading for a while and tried pretty much everything that makes “sense”. From trade daily, weekly, hourly charts to xxxx lines up, down, left, right, sideways, whatever, just way overkill. I found out the lesser stuff you have on the chart the better off you are.
Also always remember Forex for us “retailer” is just gambling. We are not providing any financial stability to anybody and we are also not on the “radar” screen from the big guys. Nobody is hunting our few pips, nobody even cares if we win or loose.
I know this is to the contrary what many wants you to believe. I guess they just don’t like to be called “gamblers” and don’t like to be “unimportant”.:slight_smile:
This is just my opinion and you may feel for yourself in anyway you are pleased, it will not change my mind because I am doing it for a while already.
If the following description of my system will work for you, I don’t know, but you may give it a try and please don’t do it on a demo account. Demo Accounts are good if you don’t know anything about Forex, once you know how to make a trade Demo Accounts are useless. You will make a million in a demo and loose miserable in your real account. Every test strategy should be tested with 1 cent or a little more real money. Once you think it works just increase your lots or units.

So what is it that works for me?
Foremost Bollinger Bands.
Open a chart and put on a regular Bollinger Band 20/2.
Second get my zip file, extract it, and install the Bollinger Band-Stop to your indicator list.
This are the 2 things you really only need.
I included i-Session for convenience, it will just color trading hours, London to end New York if your MT4 broker uses GMT. After New York it will be the Asia session till London starts again.
Also I included the simple candle time and the Blur’s Price and time.
The next important part: You are doing this all in the 1 minute chart, yes, M1.
Over time I added 2 more MA’s because I liked the Idea to trade more then the 2% MM you should use. I wanted to make pretty sure (99%) :slight_smile: that the direction stays and so I added a MA 50 exponential (Pink) and a MA14 exponential (Yellow). As long as they stay nicely apart I go and open a trade with 1pip =$10.- for 10 to max 40 seconds, or 2~8 pips. It works for me [B] I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR ANYBODY ELSE [B]. This I call highly gambling and I also call this scalping.
The next part I stole from Graviton and this is adding more lots after 15pips. Yes, even on the M1 chart you can easy add more lots. I made between 200 and 400 pips with the multilot entry.
Trading from M1 chart does not mean scalping, it means EARLY ENTRY. At the time you get the entry on the higher TF’s M30, H1, the train left the station without you already.
If you can enter on the M30 with your signal (whatever your signal is) on that TF you have already put on multiple lots on the M1 and riding the trend.:slight_smile:
The regular method above I do not call scalping for the simple reason you just get an early entry on the higher TF’s you may want to trade and you stay in as long as you want. You can just switch TF and see if the dots are still there and in your direction and you may switch to any other method you like. Of course you also will expose your money longer.
If you like this method you will observe over time that it is a good Idea to have a M5 with a regular BollingerBand 20/2 also open. Observing it will tell you if you should close the trade because the candle started moving away from the regular BB on the M1 or if the M5 midBB tells you your direction is still good. That’s when you stay in and ride the trend even if you get retracements in between.
STOP LOSS with this method. This is not a method you walk away from your screen you may trade between 30 minutes to a few hours. You will be amazed how many pips you can get in 30 minutes, especially with multilots. Therefore it’s very simple I only have an emergency SL of 100pips in case computer, Internet broker goes down. If you trade H1 H4 your SL should be around 120/220 pips , so you may just as well choose this as your Emergency SL. With other words, you don’t have a SL as long as you are on your screen. It is YOU who decides when to “jump ship” and the BBandStop is a great tool to help you in your decision.
An other observation I made over time, people are trying to watch and trade way to many different pairs.
Stick with max 4 pairs, with this method you will find many entry’s in a day. Actually 3 pairs the 4th pair is almost a must have, it is the USDCHF because it is very strong negative correlated and a excellent indicator for the direction of other pairs.
BBandStop has a Alarm build in, it is set to false. If you want the alarm change it to “true”
If you scroll back in your chart the BBandstop will not show anymore because the nBars are set to 5000,change it to more will show the red/blue dots further back on your chart, mind, it will slow down your computer because the more dots it has to make the the longer the CPU is crunching. If your computer is slow you may set the nbar to 1000.
Any questions?
I probably want answer them because I feel if you want to make money you have to put in the time to learn the final steps that work for you on your own.
Happy Trading to All, may the pips be with you.:smiley:

BBandsStop.zip (19.1 KB)

Glad to see the 99 system, I plan on studying it and asking you lots of questions!

99 a question. You stated that 'SL (Stop Loss) for M1=8 pips; M5=16; M15=28; M30=45; H1=70; H4=100; D1=220 pips. This are the SL you can expect. " Later you say that “you” decide when to stop trade, so does your system functionally trade without a SL or trailing stop, just the PCI stop?

Somebody will always find a question:)
If I could be 100% sure my computer, Internet or broker would work 100% all the time, I would trade this system without a SL.
The system is not meant to be left alone, therefore you spend between 30 minutes and 2+ hours on the computer a day depend how many pips you would like to get. Consider it “going to work”.
Greed or over-trading is not a factor either since there is no such thing as over-trading or greed in Forex. Forex does not care one way or a other.

SL should not be needed, since you would jump out manually on “common sense”, or latest when the opposite side is well under way.
On M1 more then 20 pips against you should tell you something is wrong with your “common sense” SL.:smiley:
At this point you should have closed your trade a while back and enjoy the rest of the day or take already the other side.
Spend a week just watching the BBandStop to get the “feel” for it, well worth it.
Hmmmmmmm, maybe not everybody wants to spend a week.
Your Trading Account will tell you if you mastered the system or not.:smiley:
This counts for ALL systems.
May the +pips be with us.

Of course there are questions, don’t you like questions :eek:

I’ve setup your system and run some demo test (say what you want about demo :stuck_out_tongue: ) and hope to add this as a tool to my trading system.

Seems like I have read that before.

Hi 99,

the system works…i know becouse i`m using it too for scalping or in order to get better entry.

one question: how do the 2 MA`s(yellow and pink) help ?

thanks

The yellow line may work this way, when it crosses under the mid BB PA seems to head short, when it is above the mid BB PA is long. I need to do test on this theory though.

Also when PA closes below the yellow line the Alert for BB Stop says PA is short.

Brad, Hordane, and such, can you guys lay out the steps for when you open a trade using this strategy? It seems similar to Mad Scalper to me in several respects.

After the yellow line crossed and stays nicely and steady apart I trade the 1pip=$10.-, the BBandStop is the main indicator to enter a trade and of course is in the same direction. Usually around 5AM to 8AM EST.

No, the similarity is to Rui’s MMTT system, except I dumped all the overhead.:slight_smile:
Added the MA’s to trade high $.
Left is actually the BBandStop, the MA’s and a regular BB.
That’s all that is needed and if you don’t trade high $, you can take away the MA’s too.:smiley:

I have been trading something very similar BB stop a few MAs and some bolls. I must say I have not spent much time on a 1min chart. I have been working with 1hr and 15min mostly and getting some good results.

I like how you handle the stops I think its the way to go trading a small time frame. I do a similar thing it works very well if I pay attention. I fell asleep the other night with a trade open. I know stupid:o! I made a bad situation worse when I woke up. lesson learned. My broker had a tech. problem the other night it lasted over an hour with no access to my open trades other than a phone call. That worked out for me I was able to watch price with a demo account. My point is to anyone that tries this with any real money be prepared and expect problems to happen at the worst time!

here is a shot of my current chart lay out its a little busy for me. I am working on trying to eliminate some consistent bad entries I make so I have a few extra lines going on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I tested this method this morning and had some issues. But finally after just watching the price action in comparison iwth everything, things started clicking and I made a few very nice trades and ended up netting 200 pips.

This is not a set and forget method like 99 states, you have to watch the price action and really get to know and understand the pair you wish to trade.

@MP, where to enter is sorta subjective, it depends on the pair. But from what I can tell this method works absolutely the best in trending markets. If you look at the 5 and 15 and see the trend is down, then you are better off entering on down trends to make the most pips. I’ll post some screens of what I mean a little later.

Also wanted to add, you can use CBL with this method but your reaction must be quick.

Hi,

Can you show me in the picture when:

1. when you enter the trade and why?
  2. when you exit the trade and why?
  3. when you re-enter the trade and why?
  4. when you lose?

I try to understand how to trade in your system?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.