Cheap and reliable VPS?

Hi guys,
I am finally ready to start trading on a live account but I desperately need a VPS (virtual private server) because my power blows out very regularly. I thought I remembered someone saying that they use a great one that costs only $18/mo, but I cannot seem to find it. The cheapest I can find with at least some good reviews is: IXBONE but it is 5 times more expensive than the 18/mo I was prepared to pay. Can anyone help me out here?

If your power goes out, your forex dealer should still honor any stop losses and take profits you have pending. So really no need for a VPS unless you’re running an automated robot, which in most cases is a bad idea to begin with.

Have you considered just creating your own VPS with a spare desktop computer, or perhaps purchase a smaller cheap one?

Other than that, I recommend ForexVPS.com as they have everything packaged up for you and ready to roll.

I intend to hide my stop losses and take profits from the dealer to avoid a lot of the B.S that I read about. Also, I AM going to be running robots on the VPS; ones I programmed myself. ForexVPS looks good but still pretty expensive… anyone know of anything cheaper?

this is not an affiliate link, i promise :slight_smile:

Cheap Forex VPS Hosting, Affordable Forex VPS Hosting,Forex Server VPS

blackbox vps is good ive heard.

Have personally use VPS Land. vpsland.com

The thing I like about them because it is very stable & price is reasonable for me.

Hope this info helps you.

Thanks for the replies guys. I made an account with UCVHost; now I’m waiting for them to send me the server info. I’ll post later and tell you how its working out for me.

Thanks for the replies guys. I made an account with UCVHost; now I’m waiting for them to send me the server info. I’ll post later and tell you how its working out for me.

good choice :smiley:

Gallant Fx has free vps

I’d like to tell you guys that since I made an account with UVCHost.com the server has gone down a million times. Each time they tell me that it was due to an upgrade and that it won’t happen again. :rolleyes:

Why not use a laptop? it won’t go off when the power goes off, also for your router you could get a 12v battery, have a charger connected to it and a power inverter to power the router = cheap highly effective solution!

Best be a Panasonic Toughbook laptop then - built to last and then some…:slight_smile:

http://forums.babypips.com/search.php?searchid=457385

I strongly recommend Nextpointhost.com for Forex VPS

On forex vps you have many advantages which are important like Never Reboot Protection, Speed Guarantee and etc. You can not guarantee this things on laptop or home pc, because what happen If your internet connection at home fails or hard disk of laptop fail or you have problems with power supply or etc.

My advice for serious trading is to use a forex vps not to trade from your home pc/laptop.

Hostgator all the way.

Hostgator are not forex vps provider. They offer normal vps servers optimized for hosting.

The unknown provider you recommended has no postal address on his site and just a simple website. Highly suspicious and I would never go with a company like that.

Hostgator is definitely the better choice if not others.

Everyone is free to choose hosting company. For me personally is irrelevant are they have postal address or not. More important for me is the service to be reliable.

That they haven’t postal address is not true. In their terms of service I see this:

• “Nextpointhost” means Nextpointhost SMLLC a Bulgarian company incorporated in the Sofia, Bulgaria and with registered address Krasno selo, Pirinski Prohod, bl. 194

Thawte are provided SSL certificate for them that mean they are made checks.

I will stop writing in this topic, because already made my suggestion.

You could always just use a laptop, get your router/modem powered from your laptop - job done!

You can get some that last pretty long on batteries nowadays.

Sorry, But I used to use VPN and EA like a few years back, wiped out my account and learnt that it is better totrade on your own. At the moment, I use tradersway and quite happy with trading on my own.
But if you’re still into VPN’s, you need to check out if they provide you with 24*7 support, ticketing option [for issues] and a package that comes with a low price tag.
Granted, the last part may be difficult, but try to research online… a few sites do list top VPN providers with a comparison sheet…

1 Like