Candlestick Patterns

Ok I have been going through as many threads as possible but one thing I find that keeps popping up is that candlesticks do not play an important role in peoples trading?

Is this true?

Surely with some reversal patterns they help the trading?

Many Thanks

Jay

maybe I have been looking at the wrong ones.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Jay

Many Thanks Matt. Ill look at all tomorrow.

Do you think many people trade on candlestick reversal patterns alone by any chance?

Cheers

Jay

Along with S/R and trendlines, most definitely yes.

Candlesticks and the price action that they represent really are all you need. Go through those posted threads and good luck!

[QUOTE=Jay D;207356]Many Thanks Matt. Ill look at all tomorrow.

Do you think many people trade on candlestick reversal patterns alone by any chance?

I do, on a short time frame it is a very simple, yet effective method.

It’s not wise to just trade candlestick patterns themselves. Couple it with some other methodology and it increases your edge significantly. As for myself I look for patterns around trend lines and fibonacci lines.

I use candlesticks supplemented with other various technicals to make my trades.

I use candlestick formations along with S/R and trend lines, as [B]Dane[/B] said.

Google Steve Nison. This guy talks a lot about candlesticks.

@viper5 - that’s the best way to go

Best Regards,
Matt Jones

Would you think Candlestick patterns and Divergence Lines alone would work?
Many Thanks again

The more confluence you have the better. Those two combinations may be good…wait for divergence on macd, then wait for candlestick reversal. Try it out. I take it you are a newbie. Go explore, try new things. It’s the best way to learn. Just don’t risk more than 1% per trade starting out. Once you get better, let 2% be your limit indefinitely.

cheers again guys :cool:

I use price bars as well, even though it’s exactly the same data the different perspectives can help a lot. I find price bars are good for quickly identifying PPZ (price pivot zones) and candles are good for sizing up the bodies and wicks of candles/bars.

Using PA instead of indicators is part of a weight of evidence method which can include lots of factors such as S/R, fibs, trend lines, divergence, MAs, what’s going on on the higher and lower timeframes, chart patterns, correlations, fundamentals…

I could see how using the bars is better than the blocky candles for PPZ. I never thought about that though. Maybe I shall try…

Give it a go - also check out the J16 guest videos. Those bars just line up and make it soo easy :smiley:

I’m now looking at another PASR method that uses line charts to plot support/resistance:

Strat’s Stress Free Trading: Support and Resistance

It’s all good :slight_smile:

There is so many ways to trade its unreal - surely there is 1 proven easy method? (yikes)

Nope. There isn’t.

Trading is great isn’t it :slight_smile:

yeah great lol.

I need to find a system myself

Well I’d say that there were many proven methods… the problem is normally the trader.

One mans golden egg laying goose is anothers scrambled egg laying goose :wink:

(I think I’ve had to much sun today) :stuck_out_tongue:

well I have seen so many that do not work - maybe ill find one that does soon, hopefully !!!:smiley: