Problem with EA

So, I´m trying to use my first EA. Everything is fine until I turn on Expert Advisor. Right after that I´m getting alerts “Order creation error. Type:sell… invalis stops.” Even stops are fine. And I get these alerts like every second so I have to turn off EA.

Does anybody know what might be the reason for that? Is the problem EA or my broker?

Thank you.

Without knowing any details about the EA can’t really make a guess.

Cord

maybe it’s something to do with the EA settings.

you can always ask the coders/sellers themselves.

It might be worth trying the following:

Try entering an order with a much larger stop (for example 1000 pips). If your using a 5 digit broker, and you enter a 30 pip stop the EA will treat this as a 3 pip stop which will be too close to the market and might cause this error.

Another thing to watch is the format of the data you are sending to the broker. Some brokers insist on having the stop correctly formatted to 4 or 5 decimal places, so you may need to explicitly format the stop value.

If it is a formatting issue it might be worth entering an order without a stop at all, and you’ll generally see the same error occur but for the take profit value !

I think there 's something wrong with your way to stop your EA. It conflicts with anything else so this issue happens. I’m not sure about that but it can be a reason for this

Invalid stops means you have either placed the stop loss too close or more likely it is not the required number of decimal places (has to be 4 or 5) - check the Point variable and go to the MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader forum - more coders there.