Calendar Question

Hello,
I am new here and just getting started in forex. I have a question about the forex economic calendar on babypips. How exactly do you get all this information on future news releases? I mean, If there wasn’t an economic calendar then where would go to know about these news releases.

Another question I have is on the economic calendar for today there are two “GDP Results” for the brtish pound. Why are there two differenct results for GDP?

I just get an Error 404! when I click on the link,
& am thinking that the iPhone 4 must be REAL crappy! :smiley:

Bloomberg, CNBC, Financial Times website, etc. there are now a plethora of financial sources, but it helps to find them on one resource like the babypips calender. :wink:

On the calender one figure is Y/Y (year on year) the other is q/q (quarter on quarter).

thanks daisy,
i’m just wondering how the person who made this calendar knows about news releases that are going to be made next week. Where do they get all this information from?..do they just read news websites and then make the calendar list?

All the dates are set ie non-farm payroll 1st Friday of the month, these become ingrained in the memory.

Who issues them, take a look at economic indicators on Investopedia it gives a list of bureaus, departments etc. who release this type of data.

Usually there is no need to know from where it comes though, unless you are a news trader, just knowing that it will appear on a given day & time are enough.

thanks a ot daisy