Greetings from a new member

Hi everyone,

I just recently signed up to this forum, hope the hospitality is great! :slight_smile:

I am a total newbie so I think I belong here. I will be taking a forex course shortly with a company called knowledge to action, and hope to begin trading the very next day. There is too much info on forex on the net, I dont know where to begin learning, Is there any advice you can offer me? much appreciated :slight_smile:

Forget that course. Click the SCHOOL button at the top. This will wet your whistle with the basics. After that, its about how big your thirst is. You’ll search for the same things you saw in the school and be introduced to brand new ideas.

Go through the babypips school. Create a trading plan. Keep a trading journal. Trade demo until you have three months profitable in a row. Prepare for the adventure of a lifetime. Welcome to Forex :slight_smile:

Welcome to the world of forex!
Just treat forex like a business.This is not a short term effort, this is a lonf term plan.
Feel free to ask any question :wink:

Welcome

Did you pay for that?

hi welcome,
forget the course, as graviton has said do the babypips course, then do it again, then do it again, then get your self some of the dummie books like I did and relate them to the charts.
Ive read 5 of them, the candlestick one is awesome, which has helped me with entry confirmation via the candlesticks patterns.

Ive been on the forums for the last 8 months, and they are more valuable than any course which promises to fast track you to trading in a week.

Some of the people on here will give valuable information, so id hold off on any courses and spend some time on here. Dont bother surfing the web for the holy grail, it doesnt exist, experience and patients is what you need and eventually some time on the demo charts

Im a 12 month into my learning, and im still not planning to go live for another 12 - 18 months

If I can help with futher questions, let me know

good luck

forex wales

Good luck on learning the world of forex. As others have said, it may be better to hold off on the course and try to learn as much as you can for free first. If you are still struggling, maybe you could consider it, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

I agree with everyone here who says check out the babypips school. It is perfect for newbies. It will take you by the hand and show you step by step exactly what you need to get started in this crazy and wonderful world we call forex.

but no matter what you decide definately stick around. People are friendly and there is alot of great knowledge here.