How are you liking the new economic calendar?

What’s up!

Now that you’ve had more time to play around with the new calendar and that the DST bug has been fixed, (you can find the DST option to the right of the timezone dropdown btw!) I think it’s about time we ask you what you think of it, yes? :slight_smile:

Be honest!

If you answered ‘No’ to the poll question, respond to this thread and tell us why. We won’t give you an infraction don’t worry! :stuck_out_tongue:

And if you’re feeling extra nice, you can also tell us if you’d recommend the BabyPips.com calendar to a friend! :smiley:

NO!

:smiley: just kidding!

I like it. I like that I can set it to show only the news that I want to see and it saves that preference so that when I pull it up it’s not cluttered with a lot of stuff I don’t want to see.

Unfortunately no…:o

I still use the calendar from forex factory because its available in an indicator that I can display directly on my MT4 charts…if you or someone can make yours available like that, then I’d use yours :wink:

It has some neat features, but it doesnt really offer anything over and above whats already out there. I can grab an XML or RSS feed directly from TSD which for me is always going to be far preferable.

Personally I find the advertising is pretty intrusive, I know the FF calendar carries ads, but somehow they dont seam to detract in quite the same way. The animated ads are particularly bad in this respect. I’m sure the graphic designer who designed those ads, and your advertising team are delighted to hear that those ads are grabbing my attention, but sadly they generated no interest or desire, and the only action I took was to open up FF ! having said that I’m not in the market for opening an account with a dodgy bucket shop, but I do want easily digested information. I’m sure the opposite type of user exists with whom the ads are a popular.

I’m not really sure what you could offer to differentiate the service, other than to develop it to a level where its competing with some of the commercial news event applications.

I didn’t think of that. I have that indicator too. It comes in handy. I still like the BP one though for a quick glance to see if there’s anything major for the day without wading through a lot of clutter.

I don’t mind ads, I just ignore them.

It’s very pretty actually! Just need getting used to it :slight_smile:

I like it :p, it’d be cool if you could turn it into an MT4 indicator as well, you could still have it scroll and just make it like a dashboard type indicator. That would be nice!

Even though I liket it, I still find more practical the one at FF.

You can call me lazy, but the fact of typing babypips.com and then scroll a little bit down and then click on the Economic Calendar link sound not that user friendly to me . It’d be great if the link could be on top of the page, or on the main page as in FF.

Also I’m very color oriented, and some coloured labels differentiating the impact of the news would be helpful. I know I have the option of filtering them, and put on it only the ones with high impact, but sometimes I like to watch market reaction to some non high impact news.

I also noted a considerable difference between the way news impact is classified here than at Forex Factory. For instance today (Aug 13) German Prelim GDP is classified as low impact here, while at FF it is classified as high impact. Why is that difference? Who do I listen to?:confused::smiley:

I like the customizable options, and how you coloured the different trading sessions.

Definitely I’d recommend BP Economic Calendar to a friend, but to me it’s still more quickly to look at other sources. That’s what it is. If I could find more quickly what I need, I’d definitely be using BP calendar. :wink:

I have already realized that Babypips economic calendar is very delayed

When will you fix this?