Does anyone trade with others in a Skype room?

Hey everyone, I feel like an island all by myself trying to read the charts and make trades. I have heard that some people trade while on Skype or some other way of communicating to discuss setups, watch different pairs, whatever. Does anyone do that/is anyone interetsed in that?

I am currently trading EURUSD off the 15 min chart from the London open until 4 hours after the New York open. I am usually targeting 20 - 30 pips.

Thanks!

Lew

Hi Lew,
There’re some Forex Chatrooms on the PalTalk in the finance section you’d check them out they’re trading live with you.
Hope that helped.

Cheers.

not really too keen on these rooms man. bit too much for me.

They’re free I think.

There are thousands of these places, and they are definately NOT a good idea (unless you enjoy hanging out with losers for amusement)

I see it the same way.

There are two choices: Have pals around you, a good feeling (danger: emotions) and lose or do your own thing and have a chance to win. A chance. No warranty.

I guess it needs two things to be profitable: Your own brain thinking and your own brain got rid of stuff from all the brainwashers around since birthday.

I’ve been at some of those chats and it’s just a time waster. Wouldn’t recommend it!

There’re registered rooms too, which I know a room on Paltalk is called (ForexPro), they really help traders much. But you need to have a paid account on paltalk to join these rooms, so I don’t care about them.

most rooms on paltalk dont require a paid account. Including the forex ones under the business category.

I understand this, I’ve been in the Paltalk for 1 year, I’m talking about some registered rooms that won’t allow unpaid accounts enter their rooms, the nicknames there are coloured, red, green, purple & yellow.
Each nickname has specific privilages in the Paltalk, the higher colour you pay for you account, the more privilages you get.

If there are any quality outlets left out there on Paltalk etc, they’ll be private and/or fee based facilities. You won’t find decent rooms via public access these days.

And if you do happen across one, you’ll be expected to actively contribute & participate (unless it’s a fee paying tuition gig) too, as opposed to lurk in the background.

Absolutely not true. I dont pay any fee and I can usually be found in these rooms talking with other people that are helpful. Im not sure what else you would want. Also, nobody cares about “lurking in the background”. Go there before you spout this nonsense. You are discouraging people from using what could be considered a good resource. Forex Traders Room is where I generally can be found but there are others too.

I guess it depends on your definition of helpful & what constitutes a good resource.

How many private or invite only pro rooms have you experienced over the past 10 years to compare your free access rooms with?

seriously guys, these chat rooms are just a waste of time.

often you’ll end up talking about anything but forex.

he’s speaking generally.

most are bad news, you have to accept that.

I dont have to accept anything. I’ve been on paltalk, tymens chatroom, and fxinstructor. They have all been free and enjoyable. Stop complaining. Good chat rooms are out there and they are free. Frankly, I dont know where these other rooms that you dont find pleasing are even located.

And how trustable are they are, most of them are advertising to a company or a broker so they pay for these rooms, so rooms with coloured nicks join only would be the best choice (For me).

Deankennys SD TRADING ROOM

wouldn’t recommend it bro, but hey if it works for you (it won’t) then by all means…

trading is not a group activity…learn it on your own and you will be much more successful and satisfied.

If you find the right one for you, it can be quite good. I am a paid subscriber in one skype room and it hes helped me immensely. My biggest advice, find someone who is successful in the methods of trading that resonate with you and if they are willing, learn from them. Learning from a mentor does fast track your own development. It saves you learning their same mistakes and they can explain the mistakes/pitfalls for you. I have been subscribed in the room I am in for 10 months and I have no reason not to contunie. It keeps helping me and we go through the basics on a regular basis, so it stays nice and sharp for us all.
It is against the Babypips rules to advertise which ones etc, so if you are truly interested, you can look at threads I have posted in and it will not take too long to work out where I get my lessons etc from :slight_smile: