Brokers/Platforms suggestion for demo account

I have demo trading few months ago using forex.com

However the demo account that they provided only valid for 30 days. Any suggestion here for brokers who offer demo account without time limit? I did try Oanda FXGame, yes, the demo account is without time limit but the longest period chart they have is 1 day chart only. I would like to have longer period chart (1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month and etc).

I did heard about Meta Trader. Is it a platform offered by a particular broker? Or it is a general platform that supported by a few brokers? I know nothing about Meta Trader. Appreciate if anyone here can provide further explanation.

As a summary, i need a broker(platform?) who offer demo account which:

1. No expiry of the demo account
  2. Longer period chart (1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month)
  3. Run on web browser without the need to install software (Java is ok) (Not really insist on this one, but would just like to avoid the troublesome :stuck_out_tongue: )

Any advice and suggestion is much appreciated. :smiley:

Try fxdd.com or stragetybuilderfx.com if you want a micro account.

MetaTrader is a platform used by many brokers and its a program you have to install. I’d recommend it, hey its free.

try StrategyBuilderFX MT4 Trading Platform
they have unlimited demo account and use MetaTrader.

MT has the following charts:
1 Min
5 Min
15 Min
30 Min
1 Hour
4 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month

I can also recommend the GFT trading platform. It has all you need plus it is probably the finest charting software around. You can do anything with it and it is so user friendly. Your profit/loss etc are all calculated for you in your base currency on the one chart. After this platform, i would not trade any other - it is truely the best in my opinion.

Easy to download - i did it on dial-up!:slight_smile:

Still using the demo platform 6 months on!

Regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.

Thanks for all the suggestions. So all those need installation of software? Any is purely web-based and accessible just using web browser?

Hope to hear more suggestions from others. :smiley:

I do not know what your fear is. I am sure just about everybody posting on this website uses a downloaded program.

They are easy to download - only a few minutes. On my program (GFT), a desktop icon even appears so that you can get into the program and trading fast. Password(s) are then given for security.

What security do you have with a web based program? Unless it is a locked site, anyone can get in. Furthermore, spies can record your keystrokes and take your money!

A web based program is much more likely to be very basic because of the sheer amount of computing involved. Yes, the downloaded programs are beautifully engineered and there is a lot to them and they do a lot that i do not think is possible with a web based where all the computing would have to be online.

In view of the above, I would submit that you reconsider the downloaded programs.

Kind regards, Tymen Wortel, Perth, Western Australia.