Does anybody have a decent pivot point indicator for MT4?

pivots are ok, but they are often unreliable.

I don’t know either. I check out his blog & forum occassionally, but I havn’t been in the chat room all summer. I’m under the impression ICT trades much less during the summer months due to the lower volume, so expecting more of him this fall.

:cool:

Yes I try to too. This indicator also has the previous days high/low & todays open lines too which also fits well with ICT’s method. I’ve mainly been using it to scalp when I get a convergence of pivots and a couple of other S&R type lines and a chart pattern. I’ve been having moderate success so far. :slight_smile:

pivots are ok, but they are often unreliable.

Besides my ea adventure my trading style is discretionary. I don’t care for indicators even divergence in itself kind a sucks. I look at support and resistance and I use things like pivots only to help confirm a bias. I put much more weight into previous day hi/lo and s/r. atm I have been doing well with my trading. My discipline is getting up at 2am eastern to trade. I’m not great at picking tops and bottoms all though I still try. Mostly I trade counter trend moves and breakouts.

Yes I try to too. This indicator also has the previous days high/low & todays open lines too which also fits well with ICT’s method. I’ve mainly been using it to scalp when I get a convergence of pivots and a couple of other S&R type lines and a chart pattern. I’ve been having moderate success so far.

It is a very nice indicator. btw thanks for the idea about Chris Lori over at ICT’s forum. I went through like the first 4 or 5 cds so far and I think they are great and I highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling to succeed. Best of all I found them for free :smiley:

I also have a separate weekly & monthly pivot indicator which is very simple too if you’d like.

I still haven’t watched the Chris Lori’s videos…mine are still packed…lol…I really must try to unpack and start watching them this weekend…:o.

if you want i will host them on rapidshare for you. they are definatly worth watching.

Please how do I Place on my platform. Mt4.

I downloaded those CDs but only watched the first one so far.
Those torrent sites are great! :wink:

I downloaded those CDs but only watched the first one so far.
Those torrent sites are great!

I know it was probably just a review for you but didn’t his lesson on s/r seem good. I personally like how he teaches it just reinforces all the ideas I have about trading and maybe a couple of good new concepts that I can add to my trading arsenal.

I’m watching pivots today and I am amazed how price is reacting around these levels I think it is going to be a great addition to my trading.

That’s the one I’m really interested in too. ICT told me in chat once that his whole method is based on S&R. Trouble I’m having is too many S&Rs and which ones to pay attention to :eek: …ok, I’m unpacking them now…:smiley:

That’s the one I’m really interested in too. ICT told me in chat once that his whole method is based on S&R. Trouble I’m having is too many S&Rs and which ones to pay attention to …ok, I’m unpacking them now…

Once you start you are going to be hooked. Chris takes all these concepts and presents them in a clear and concise manner. After reading ICT’s stuff I can see that there methodolgy is very similar, maybe even identical. I know ICT uses the smart money thingy and Im not sure if Chris does or not.

How should I adjust the time on this indicator if I live in Norway? (GMT+1)
Any help? : )

Not to detract from anything that anybody is doing with pivots etc. but here is a link:

…teachyoutotrade.com/Forex_Conquered.pdf

Download it while you can (I fail to see how it can be posted there for too long).

There is some real interesting ‘work’ being done in there with pivots. Also one or two ‘pivot myths’ dispelled in there too (like which times to be used to calculate the pivots i.e. NEW YORK OBVIOUSLY)!!! LOL!!!

Anyway: there may be something in there for anyone interested in pivots and fibo’s???

(I cannot take credit for the link i.e. it was posted on another thread by someone else sometime earlier today).

Regards,

Dale.

Not to detract from anything that anybody is doing with pivots etc. but here is a link:

…teachyoutotrade.com/Forex_Conquered.pdf

Download it while you can (I fail to see how it can be posted there for too long).

There is some real interesting ‘work’ being done in there with pivots. Also one or two ‘pivot myths’ dispelled in there too (like which times to be used to calculate the pivots i.e. NEW YORK OBVIOUSLY)!!! LOL!!!

Anyway: there may be something in there for anyone interested in pivots and fibo’s???

(I cannot take credit for the link i.e. it was posted on another thread by someone else sometime earlier today).

Regards,

Dale

I don’t know why I didn’t notice this post earlier. Great PDF Dale thank you!!!

BTW congrats on 3000 posts :smiley:

Thanks to Sweet Pips for the pivot indicator. This is just what I have been looking for.

Hello SweetPip et al!

Looking for this type of indicators I came across on an indicator called FMM_Pivots and SweetPip’s.
Well it turns out that SweetPip’s is “cleaner”, but I find that it shows today’s high instead of yesterday’s high.
It does show yesterday’s low though, but of course we need the correct parameters in order for this indicator to work properly.

Do you guys know how to fix this?

And also SweetPip would you mind sharing your weekly indicator?

Thanks!

I’m a Newbie here and have also been looking for a pivot point claculator, so I apprreciate your post, but please tell me the details of how to install PIVOTS_FIBS.zip‎ into MT4.
Thanks.
Sawtell52

Hi there,

What do you mean by Does anybody have a decent pivot point indicator for MT4? Im new and just trying to learn.

A pivot point indicator is a small piece of software imbeded in MT4 which draws lines of support and resistance on your Fx charts, based on the open, close,high and low of the previous period. The period
is usually the previous day. You can do this manually but it really helps if you can automate the process.

To learn a lot more, it would be very productive to get a good education in Fx by going over to the forum of Inner Circle Trader:

PageThread: What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader… Still Wants To Know

Cheers.